Anxiety and Depression at 19

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm a 19 year old male, that is currently suffering Anxiety and Depression.

I've recently broken up with my girlfriend, and i'm petrified being without her, and her being with someone else.

We spent almost everyday together, and was together for around a year.

I picked her up after work, and dropped her home before work. Now nothing...

I've also suffered my parents getting divorced, and consequently needing to move house.

This may sound silly to you, and i know a lot of people are a lot worse off, but i'm really suffering from anxiety, and panic attacks, and i'm depressed. I've been to my GP, and he has diagnosed me, and has put me on 20mg medication.

Have you got any advice, or any support they can give me.

I'm so low at the moment, and not sure how much i can take.

Thanks, Sam.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi mate. Im also 19, male and broke up with my girlfriend last year. As well as that in the same week i had to move half way up the country to uni. All i can say is in my situation it felt like there was nothing I could possibly do to be happy unless I had her, I pretty much was full of grief for a week it was as if a family member had died. But times a healer, grab a beer with your mates have a night out in town. A year later I've met someone else who by being with her highlighted all the things that didnt work about my previous relationship, and i bumped into my ex last friday night and it was fine. Times might be dark now but light awaits, your be fine chin up lad.

• Posted

I know what you mean, i'm really focusing on the negatives of the relationship, which is making it slightly easier! Everyone is saying the same, but its nice hearing it from someone the same age, that has experienced the same.

I appreciete your reply, thanks mate! 

• Posted

Yeah just remind yourself that there were reasons it didnt work, and even if you did go back them problems would stil be there, find someone else!

• Posted

I can relate to you sam. 

Check out my post ob this forum. You'll know sad 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.