Anxiety and depression back after 8 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I've always been an anxious person although many would be shocked to know. About 3 years ago I became depressed and last year I managed to turn things around. From mid July onwards I started to become the person I wanted to be. My confidence was up and I was Content. I'm back to where I was before now. In bed as much as possible and feeling more insecure than ever. I'm tired and I have been through it before. I'm just stuck and sick of it all now. What do I do?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

do you know what triggers your anxiety?
    • Posted

Well my boyfriend who in November was diagnosed with anxiety and depression was a lot to handle. With him being suicidal at times and me being there for him throughout it all/but with him still being unappreciative at times has been hard. Since about mid to late February the tablets have kicked in. His therapy is going well his confidence is back. I resent him and look at him and almost blame him for the state I'm now in. I don't think he fully understands what I'm going through.
    • Posted

are you still seeing him currently?

have you told him how you feel and the effect he has on you?

• Posted

Yes he has since tried however I don't know if he has it in him to really be there for me the way I need him to be. He's very caring in other ways when I'm down but ultimately I need someone who's just going to listen and understand me if I'm going to be in a relationship with anyone at all.

We are on good terms atm but have been on a break since Monday which was my idea. I'm seeing him Saturday and up till yesterday I couldn't wait but now this anger is building up inside of me

• Posted

if he makes you feel like that, why are you with him?
  • Posted

it will pass. Ots a set back. Anxiety waxes and wanes. You probably got a bit too empathetic and it unleashed. You know what to do and how to deal with it..it will go away. It can take a few weeks. 
  • Posted

Have you and your boyfriend thought of couples councelling my boyfriend and i get it and it helps it will help with your relationship and how to open up to each other and be there for one another 

Look into couples couceling 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.