Anxiety and depression from overmedication of levo?

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi everyone,

so, I've been diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 2019. I was put on 50mcg of eltroxin and it worked. Fast forward to this year August, I was put on 62.5mcg because my new doctor felt that my levels were off.

2.5 months later, I suddenly noticed that I was feeling anxious over a personal issue. However, this turned into weeks of anxiety over the issue that was already finished but now in an exaggerated way. I noticed heart palpitations, shortness of breath and then panic attacks. Never suffered with these symptoms in my life.

Ran a blood test and found that my TSH was now 0.01 and my T4 was 20.9.

Doc changed me back to 50mcg. The panic attacks are less occuring and the heart palpitations have now stopped after 3 weeks but I now feel extremely depressed. My mind is a mess. Additionally, I've started to have incredibly vivid dreams every night since changing back to 50mcg.

I ran a blood test 3 weeks in and my TSH levels are 1.79 and my T4 is at 10.40.

I'm concerned that I'm never going to feel like my old self again. Has anyone been through something like this? How long does it take to bounce back into a good state after being over medicated? I'm three weeks into 50mcg so I'm just wondering when I should be feeling normal again.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.