anxiety and depression relapse

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I don't really know if this is the right place or right thing to do but this is where I've ended up. I was diagnosed with stress, anxiety and depression over two years ago and came off the medication last year but starting to think I may need to go back on it again. I don't know. I'm so confused. I have started having panic attacks recently and have constant negative thoughts in my head. I can't get out of my head and I make things worse for myself by always seeing the negative and jumping straight to a bad thing rather than the positive. I constantly worry about everything all the time, I feel I can't cope with life but just want to be happy. I try to do things to make that happen like tonight I've been out for a meal with some friends and I didn't feel anything, they were all laughing and joking, I faked smiles and laughter but I didn't feel anything. I was anxious the whole time about being there. I know there will be lots of people who have experience similar feelings and I just wanted to get some advice.

Lou

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

When you were diagnosed were any treatment options offered? Typically meds for short term with therapy for longer term are what's offered. Theres no quick way out unfortunately,its finding the best treatment and using therapy to help keep you out of anxiety and depression as much as possible

• Posted

I see you were on meds, this is quite usual when therapy isnt used too, when the meds stop things get bad again because you haven't resolved the root cause of the problem. I'd say ask for therapy (not cbt, proper therapy), and things should become more manageable

• Posted

I did seek counselling but I did this privately and off my own back. I did this for over a year. I did have a limited number of cbt sessions that the Dr recommended for me but not sure if they helped or not
  • Posted

Hey Lou, I'm in the same boat. You feel like a totally different person, right? Things you once loved, you care least about. Struggling to laugh and be apart of a group. But what I can tell you is that more you try to be social, the better it will great.

?I would ask your doctor for a referral to see a psychiatrist and maybe psychologist. Get yourself on the right meds will definitely be a start.

?Lou, I know exactly how you are feeling. Talk to a doctor. We are all here for you.

• Posted

I try to go out and make myself not just sit at home by myself but when I do go out I'm so anxious about everything, I hate the person I am how can I expect anyone else to love me when I don't even love myself

• Posted

Do some yoga!! Ha ha laugh at me all you want. But do yoga the best relief I ever felt. Set your mind free of all your thoughts get out of your head. Moring exercise and bedtime exercise no less than thirty mins.at a time. Do it for two weeks at least five days a week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.