Anxiety and depression ruined my relationship, what should I do?

Posted , 6 users are following.

We've been together for a year and a half and around october 2022, I (M20) started smoking again and kept it from my girlfriend (F20), from there the guilt ate me up and I thought "if im hiding this does this mean I dont love her" and from there I've had intrusive thoughts over that, I ended up telling my girlfriend about it she was okay and understanding, from there I quit the habit thinking it would get rid of these thoughts, but it never went away, from there my perfect relationship with the most amazing, beautiful and caring woman turned into me doubting everything in the relationship, I kept checking my feelings, putting out fires in my head. From there my anxiety got so bad, I kept fearing that I would lose all feelings... The anxiety slowly developed into depression, around January I started seeing a CBT therapist and it got better however all my feelings are gone and I dont know what to do anymore, I love this girl so much I WANT to love her, she loves me so much and shows me so much affection and she cares about me so deeply and all I want to do is feel my feelings again towards her but I cant. I dont know what to do anymore im so hopeless that I'll stay this way forever.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi moochi, oh dear, poor you, that's sounds really sad for you! what on earth were you discussing with this therapist? what does the girl feel? what do you feel? surely your feelings and this girl's are much more important. sometimes counselling will bring a whole raft of feelings and sometimes not positive, if you haven't finished the therapy then you probably need to get to the end as they normally go in courses or sessions. heavy sessions will name you feel very numb and sad. speak to the girl. if she understands that you have feelings then maybe she'll understand you. just try again see how you feel.

• Posted

Life coaches can be a valuable resource for individuals dealing with anxiety and depression. While they are not licensed mental health professionals and cannot provide therapy, they can offer guidance, support, and techniques to help clients manage their symptoms and improve their mental well-being.

Here are some ways in which a life coach can help with anxiety and depression:

Identify triggers: A life coach can help you identify the triggers that may be causing your anxiety or depression. By recognizing what sets off your symptoms, you can learn how to avoid or manage these situations more effectively.

Develop coping strategies: A life coach can help you develop coping strategies to manage your symptoms when they occur. They may teach you relaxation techniques, mindfulness practices, or other strategies that can help you reduce anxiety and depression symptoms.

Set achievable goals: A life coach can help you set achievable goals that are tailored to your circumstances and capabilities. By setting small, achievable goals, you can build momentum and feel a sense of accomplishment that can help alleviate anxiety and depression symptoms.

Provide accountability: A life coach can provide you with ongoing support and accountability, helping you stay on track and making adjustments when needed. They can be a sounding board, offer objective feedback, and help you stay motivated and focused.

Provide emotional support: A life coach can offer emotional support and encouragement, helping you feel less alone and more supported as you navigate your symptoms. They can provide a safe and nonjudgmental space to talk about your feelings and concerns.

Overall, while a life coach cannot provide therapy or medical treatment, they can be a helpful resource for individuals dealing with anxiety and depression. They can offer guidance, support, and techniques to help manage symptoms and improve mental well-being.

• Posted

I can share my successful experience in treating depression. A year ago, when I was suffering from depression, I bought Normotim pills from Normopharm by a recommendation of my psychiatrist. They helped me in combination with other treatments. Fortunately, today, all these kinds of problems are far behind, but I continue to regularly take this medication because lithium ascorbate (which is the main component of Normotim) is good for a human body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.