Anxiety and depression then diverticulosis

Posted , 9 users are following.

can anyone relate to having these both together

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My daily quality of life has so changed. Once outgoing and constantly active I now fear going out socially. I am afraid to eat.  I was diagnosed in May and had 2 attacks.  Hospitalization. Found a great GI doctor who gave me my life back but still have bouts of diarrhea  and queezy stomach. Acid reflux.  Trying to live Day by day. Feel better if I stay active  and moving.  

My upper arms also ache a lot of the time. 

• Posted

I have diverticulosis, but am currently worrying about my stools. I don't seem to have what I would consider normal. They are either very small flat stringy peices or very loose with virtually no shape. Can anyone relate to this? It's driving me insane worrying something else may be going on. Had a colonoscopy last September which was clear apart from the diverticulum apparently. Can this cause stool irregularities?

• Posted

I am worried i am having a flare up.  It is four months since i had first one.  Dealt with by flagyl for a few days.  Then some utis with more antibiotics.  Now free osmthem the diverticula pain is returning.  No sign of stool changes just a he being controlled by panadol.  Can i deal with this flare up myself with liquid diet for a few days does anyone know or do i have to go to dr again.  No bleeding and nausea controlled with anti nausea med.  can this go away if i am careful what i eat?  I still await coloniscopy, on waiting list.
    • Posted

Oh it definitely can. I have developed a stomach digestive termiul from the anxiety. On anxiety meds and therapy.  

I pray each day it gets better. Hang in there. It sucks. 

• Posted

Hi Darren, I have been dealing with this issue cince Feb, Diverticulitis, then in hospital with abscess , anxiety and panic attacks, now just diagnosed with SIBO. And after colonoscopy just have Severe Diverticulosis (3 spots) in sigmoid, my stools are not normal either, still. It’s worrisome for sure. I am taking a good probiotics, magnesium citrate, and digestive enzymes plus fiber daily in hopes I will soon be back to normal. Dr says the diverticulosis can still cause pain for some time and takes gut flora to get regular quite awhile , so I just watch what I eat and try to stay positive and active in hopes things will be normal again. It’s been a tough life changing horrible journey for 6 months now. Always worrying about having a flare up. Sucks. No way to live. But gotta just get on with my life, and take care of my body. Eat healthy , exercise and be mindful. Best wishes and prayers to all who have to live with this disease 🤗🙏🌸🌺

• Posted

I have anxiety and DD.  My life is a rollercoaster. Finally found a dr to give me an anti anxiety medication and hoping this will help. I am sure that the anxiety I experience fearing another DD attack and worryingly about my stools etc triggers my gastro problems. 
    • Posted

I am going through same thing always afraid to eat, worried about stools, and another flare up. I also developed SIBO, the gut/mind issue is horrible, glad you got some anxiety meds, they help but are not the solution long term. I’m on Xanax all other meds I had bad side effects, I too do not get much sleep. I learned mindfulness, meditation and yoga along with breathing exercises daily to help reprogram my brain from negativity, rumination and catastrophing things. Take a good probiotics, magnesium citrate, enzymes, and fiber supplements daily and a good tea. To soothe tummy. Hope I get back to normal stools and my life back soon. Lost 40 lbs in 5 months and lost muscle mass, so became very sore also, like fibromyalgia feeling. so trying to exercise walk daily to help get strength back. Also going to start acupuncture heard it helps. Well prayers to you for some peace and I’m hear if you have any questions or just need support. 🤗🌸🌺🙏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.