Anxiety and discomfort in testicles

Posted , 3 users are following.

One for the men of the group (sorry for the tmi post)

Do any other men notice discomfort in their testicles on these meds or as a result of their anxiety? Ive been noticing lots of different discomfort recently and have read that anxiety can cause pain in the testicles as well as a result of being hypersensetive to feelings down there but just wondering if anyone has felt this?

I had a lot of pain over christmas down there so went to the drs and was diagnosed with eppidymatitus and given antibiotics so also wondering if its lingering effects of that too

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

sorry not a man haha but i do know cit affects hormones and hormones affect 100s of functions in the body! i often have tender breasts and have had them checked numerous times x

• Posted

Thank you I never knew it could also affect hormones, that might explain the discomfort i get in my testicles and groin

• Posted

hi mate,

i not sure whether it does or doesnt to be honest, it affects so many things in the body it wouldnt surprise me!

have you just started with the meds so you could marry the two up, talking as a bloke i had similar thing a few years ago, thought id lifted badly etc

• Posted

Im just coming up to the end of my 4th week on the meds. Ive read that anxiety can cause pain in that area so could just be that or the linger effects of the infection i had over christmas, my health anxiety just makes me over worry about anything like this

• Posted

hi mate

yeh i totally get it.

you will have an abundense of start up symptoms in the esrly stages, you may very well feel worse than you did prior to starting but its all part & parcel of the journey ahead.

It sounds daft but us blokes can strain ourselves & pull our groin without even really realising it.

its difficult not to focus on it because when you think about it you feel it!!!!

id keep tabs on it mate & if it doesnt improve pop back to docs for a check up even just to give you piece of mind

take care materob

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.