anxiety and dizzyness ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

This is intermittent, does any one feel like they are swaying when sat down or sometimes feel dizzy like you going to fall over but don't. Iv had anxiety for years with chest pains and palpitations all tests iv had are always fine. The dizzyness is becoming more frequently as my chest pains have vanished completely after my tests... Thanks

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I'm having heart palpitations also and its scary.. Drink plenty of water this may help with dizzyness.. 
  • Posted

Hiya, I know how you feel, I feel dizzy everyday and almost all day, it seems 2 be worse when I lie down so I finf myself pacing up and down all night long which makes for a long lonely night, its not much better through the day but because its light outside and there are people around it takes thr edge of a bit.i am on meds for the palpitations which sometimes help, the dizziness had 2 be the worst thing ever, take care smile xx
    • Posted

What's meds so you take Lesley? The palpations  are scary.. I try to calm down but its hard.. Any ideas on what helps?
    • Posted

Hiya Tonya, I take 40mg propranolol twice a day, they really helped stop the palpitations when I first started on them way back in February but am now on prozac and hrt as well and since starting them the propranolol doesnt seem to work so well, i found I couldn't calm myself down when I had palpitations it didnt matter how much I told myself I would be ok I just panicked more and more thats why I ended up on meds as I just couldn't cope with it, stay strong chic and just remember we will all get over this and be back 2 our old selves soon smile xx
    • Posted

I just started lexapro 10 mg hoping it helps. Thanks for you reply girl.. Good luck to you ❌❌❌ its so freighting.. 
    • Posted

Aw good luck with the meds chic, hope they help you, wishing you all the best xx
    • Posted

Thank you girl.. Hope yours gets better to.. Yes we all will get thru this.. ❌❌ good luck with your meds.. 😘
  • Posted

I can live with Palps cos had them explained as ectopic beats which are harmless. I am on no meds I dont ever want to because I herd they give out placebos in most cases..   just hope dizzyness won't get worse... Thanks for replying
    • Posted

What's etopic beats? So that's probably what mine are. My bloods and EKG where fine. 
    • Posted

Hi Tonya,  ectopic beats are basically a failed signal from the brain telling the heart to beat when not necessary, it is a type of palpitations. I have had loads of ECGs but with most of them I never had a palpitation. It was only once when I was having palps every 30 seconds that they were caught on ECG. The cardiologist explained they were harmless and many people get them, most cases faid away in time. Mine come on during stressful or embarrassing situations and are then with me for rest of the day.... All the best
  • Posted

I can live with Palps cos had them explained as ectopic beats which are harmless. I am on no meds I dont ever want to because I herd they give out placebos in most cases..   just hope dizzyness won't get worse... Thanks for replying
  • Posted

I've recently been getting a weird dizzyness recently which is starting to scare me. I suffer from health anxiety so i'm relating it to that, don't worry you're not the only one smile 
    • Posted

Cheers, you had loads of other symptoms besides dizzyness I take it...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.