Anxiety and fear

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am currently living in fear and thinking/feeling every minute of every day that something is wrong in this moment and it sets off my panic and I feel trapped. I have had that many panic attacks and suffered from anxiety for that long it feels like this is what I've been left with. I'm constantly stUck in thought and can't get out, my mind plays trIcks on me and thinks of particular things that I can't provide the answer for and it sets my panic off so much. Thoughts like I'm just a thought and nothing else. I don't know who I am. My anxiety questions everything about myself and life.

Does anyone else have this recurrent thoughts and feelings? So hard to deal with.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Well I suppose panic attacks is causing (or strengthing) The intrusive negative thoughts that you are experiencing at the moment. You just have to learn to how to deal with them and you will be fine. It is also equally important for you to keep your panic attacks in check. I didn't gain much by trying to deal with it on my own so I am looking for a health professional I will post the positive results if in case I get any.

• Posted

Thanks so much for the reply.

It's not so Much full on panic attacks that happen when these thoughts build up and the fear kicks in. I suppose it is a panic attack but just a quick emotion of being so scared and trapped and feeling stuck. I've had panic attacks where it lasted hours and it isn't like that. It's like the fear comes on when the thoughts are present. Does that make sense?

It's so hard to control its also like my anxiety needs to focus on them and if I don't and find myself haven't thought of them I get an even bigger shock after 10 minutes of being free.

It's such a vicious cycle. I have been on medication for 3 months and I have an assessment with NHS clinicians to decide what type of help I need next week.

What tablets do you take if you don't mind me asking?

• Posted

you have lost your sense of self so need to rebuild again. Try not to reinvent with anxiety and do questionaires on personality to find where you are again. (Available online).
    • Posted

I agree. I have had a massive gambling problem for years and years like an addiction all day every day and that has been taken away i haven't done it in around 2-3 months. All my

Life revolved around was gambling and football. Now I seem to not have value for anything, I don't care about my car or my belongings or the money I have. Does this make sense? It's so upsetting as well as my mental health problems. Thanks for your reply!

• Posted

I hope that your debts were not too enormous and that you can find an alternative activity.
    • Posted

Do you think I have been mistaken my emptiness and unhappiness with the anxiety and panic and taking it the wrong way?

I'm going to try to get into hobbies again and start build my happiness cos life has been miserable for so long

• Posted

I have taken many pills in the past for different reasons some of which I believe is the root of the problmes that I am experiencing at the moment. I haven't checked with  new psychatrist that I have been appointed to. I will share the information after the visit here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.