Anxiety and fear

Posted , 3 users are following.

i’ll be the first to say that I suffer from severe anxiety. However my anxiety has gotten the best of me and I convince myself that I have colon cancer. I’ve already had two colonoscopies the last one being in 2015

. My family keeps telling me it’s IBS but I’ve convinced myself it’s colon cancer. I don’t know if it’s possible for cancer develop within five years after having a colonoscopy since my last one I am due for one later in the this . The last one everything was normal and ended up removing some hemorrhoids and skin tags.

Over the last several months I’ve had a mixture of diarrhea and somewhat normal stool. the hemorrhoids get bad where I feel like I constantly have to keep going to the bathroom.

I took some Metamucil and it caused severe cramping and bloating so I stopped that. However I’m still having the cramping and bloating and when you Google the symptoms of colon cancer it says cramping and bloating is a symptom.

I’m really scared and emotional right now. It’s very hard because you can’t just go to see a doctor now with all the covid stuff going on. Or is it easier just to go to the ER because you have to worry about getting exposed to it. I feel really lost right now and scared and not sure what to do. I want to believe that I don’t have colon cancer but my mind is telling me that I do.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

hi Joe,

do you have any blood in your stool? coating the stool or when you wipe?

colon cancer is slow to grow and is easiest to treat once the polyps are removed. i honestly do not think it sounds like cancer, especially if you had a colonoscopy 5 years ago and it was clear.

stress can do numbers to our bodies, one of them can be IBS flare ups. it might not be a bad idea to ask for a FIT test (tests for blood in your stool)

good luck!

• Edited

Go private, just to help with your anxiety if anything. There are test kits for as low as £20.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.