Anxiety and Hormones arghhh!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I'm 22 and I have been suffering with dreadful out if the blue anxiety for a while now. For the past few months, I have been keeping a little diary on my phone with good and bad days. I've noticed a pattern around the week of ovulation when I'm at my absolute worst, severely anxious for no reason. This is really destroying my life so bad sad. I don't feel depressed at all or anything like the anxiety and panic is sky high! 

I feel absolutely fantastic before my period, then a week after I start to go off on one again. I wanna see my doctor about this but don't really know how to address it with them. I also have a history of prolonged migraine with aura and hemiplegic migraines. Help me girls! X

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I can really relate to what you are saying! I am similar with my moods. It's frustrating. It's got to the point where I try not to make decisions around my time of the month as I tend to make rash decisions and regret them! 
    • Posted

It's awful isn't it! Do you think it could unbalanced hormones? Not sure I wanna go back on the pill as I get a lot of migraines. Xx
  • Posted

Hi. I'm sorry to hear that. I can get like that as well. It can be really bad sometimes and I will feel anxious even about the things that never cause me anxiety. I also feel depressed and my mood will get so low after feeling perfectly fine... Maybe some medication could help you, or some extra rest. For me, I try to stay away from everything and everyone, as everything frustrates me. But that's really not the solution to a problem... Keep in mind that it will pass and you'll feel better soon. Even though sometimes it feels like it's gonna take forever... at least for me it does. Wishing you all the best xx  
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply. I had a very severe reaction to citoloptam just over a month ago, which was the worst night of my life!!! I think it'll take time to balance out, but I'll try and keep on going! Xx
  • Posted

Some 1 just said on here its probably due unbalanced hormones, mine are the same, it sucks 👎
    • Posted

I haven't no, but I think I'm going to ask for them, because mine really are crazy, I think I have too much estrogen.
  • Posted

What would I say to the doctor? How would I explain? I just don't want them to brush it off and say I'm being silly! X
    • Posted

Hello!  Sounds like I'm a bit older but to share some advice. I am at the menopausal stage after surgery (you know "that" surgery. Lol!)  and my hormones bounce as well.  I still have my ovaries and some months I wish I would have my "time!" Just to eleveate my symptoms. (Mood/flashes/migraines/and even the menstrual pain feeling)  All enough to flare my anxiety I deal with at the best of times. When you go to your doctor remember you are paying their mortgage.  Be confident in knowing how you feel as you know your body best.  Let your doc see you as a young woman who knows!  Research as there are many different supplements you can get from a health store.  Ask your doctor to do some blood work for your hormones and that can tell what you are lacking. (Too much of one hormone or not enough of another) There are many different hormones produced by our bodies and as women our cycles play key.  I am in Canada and even though most of our health care is paid for (by our huge taxes - lol- another forum-lol) our docs still have to justify doing this. Research, be confident, and just explain exactly as you have here. Don't let anyone tell you, you don't feel what you do! I we t through that for many years when I was younger and here I go again. I learned to stand my ground (politely & professionally).  When they see you know then you will be respected! 

Do let us know how you make out.  Best wishes.

• Posted

Hey, I've just had an appointment to see a GP. I stated what I've said o  here that I think hormones are the main factor and she completely dismissed me! No tablets, blood tests,  no nothing! I'm now at a complete loss of what to do now. Thank you for your reply though 😊 x
  • Posted

Leopard:  You are most likely experiencing a hormonal imbalance which can drive your moods up the wall...You may have too much estrogen and not enough progestron...just ask your doctor to check you for an imbalance...Just a few pills could get you back on track...Good luck!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.