Anxiety and I

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi everyone, 

my name is merissa and I am 22 years old. Since I can remember I have always had anxiety, but it has always been manageable. Two months ago I lost my 22 year old best friend and her unborn child whom was due this coming December. The cause was a heart attack, specifically hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. I was devistated and caught completely off guard by her passing. I thought I was handling myself pretty well until I was on her way to her funeral with my husband when all of a sudden I started having the worst panic attack of my life. I called 911- and they checked me out and everything seemed okay but they still recommended I go to the hospital to get checked out. 

When end I went to the hospital they did another ekg which came back normal, they also did some blood work which also came back okay, as well as a d dimer test. I was left feeling crappy still, but decided the dr knows more than me and just went home. 

Since that hat day my life as been a living nightmare. I have been living with the constant fear that something is wrong with me.. I can’t shake the thought that I either have a blood clot, or am on the verge of having a heart attack, the physical symptoms that I experience are just too overwhelming at times to ignore. The main symptoms that I experience that cause me concern is constant leg pain. I constantly am having random pains in my thighs and calf’s and the most annoying is the muscle twitches I get all day long. As soon as I get one I spiral into another panic attack due to the fear I have a blood clot. I also have random chest pains that don’t last more than a few seconds but again.. makes me panic. I constantly feel short of breath.. as well as constantly feeling my pulse. 

I went ant to the er a second time becaus I was convinced something was wrong and of course again the d dimer test came back negative and my dr told me at this point she can basically rule out a blood clot but here I am still left with this anxiety and sense of panic.

my legs are constantly twitching, my thighs randomly hurt, and I’m having random heart palpitations and chest pains that I just can’t explain.. does anyone else experience this??? 

I went ant to my family dr several times and she is ruling everything out as panic attacks and prescribed me 50 mg Zoloft and 25 mg Xanax. Which works, but doesn’t at the same time.

i just can’t explain these symptoms and it’s driving me crazy, and worst of all my husband.

thanks 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Merissa , I am so sorry for your loss, that is a hard event to recover from. Your body and mind might still be going through trauma from that. I also experience chest pains, palpitations with my anxiety. My heart tests have come back ok so far too. The doctors here are not helping but I feel something is wrong. I also have had anxiety most my life but lately it is worse than normal. I did ween off all my daily meds so that could be a big part. I am going to see a more 'natural' doctor which will do more than just write a script. I understand your pain and I wish I could help more. I read about how breathing techniques can help a lot. I also suck on a fudge pop and for some reason that seems to help, but that could be because of my hyperglycemia. I also feel I have adrenal fatigue issues. I hope you get better soon, I know how hard it can be. Someone else in the forum mentioned counting in your head until you feel better, I was going to try that. I hope you are ok.

• Posted

Hey I have the same problem as you it’s called ocd anxiety if your friend never died you wouldn’t be going through these symptoms just think about that. Your mind is so powerful. For me if I hear of someone getting cancer I will think I have some of those symptoms I must have it to and my mind focuses on all the symptoms involving that cancer so then I diagnose myself with it and nothing a doctor or tests can stop me from thinking that I have it. It’s horrible. The only way the symptoms will go away is when I completely stop thinking about it it’s all in your head. What you are going through is 100% anxiety 
  • Posted

There is over a 100 anxiety symptoms and all your symptoms are on that list. I suggest you go see a psychologist they work with the mind it does really help
    • Posted

Thank you I appreciate the advice. You are right, it is horrible and it’s something very challenging to explain to people who have not gone through it,. I think the worst part about it is I do feel physically a lot of these symptoms then it drives me into a panic. I need go see a therapist recently and it is likely something I will continue. Did you as well feel a lot of the symptoms as well?
    • Posted

Yeah there is always hypnotherapy which I have yet to try and heard it works. I  am 32 and had anxiety since a kid it sucks, it has ruined my life but there is always a way out it’s just learning to control your mind which is the hardest part. I have had just about all the symptoms of anxiety so I could go on for ever talking to you about symptoms but I always get through them just takes time. I don’t trust doctors always think they are wrong not matter the tests they do on me. If you were having a heart attack you would be long gone by now just remember that. 
    • Posted

Thank you. I appreciate your help. You are right, it just scares me to think my doctors are just pushing everything off as anxiety related instead of maybe looking into my symptoms more thoroughly. I’m only 22 and I know in the back of my mind it’s unlikely but every time I feel a pain in my chest.. or a leg pain I go into a panic. I agree with you that it’ll likely take time, I just wish it wasn’t affecting my life so much in the mean time. 
    • Posted

You need to tell yourself i am fine I am young and try thinking about positive things I know it’s hard but that’s the best way to stop thinking about it. Doctors know what they are doing trust me, even though when I am in my low times I would say they are wrong about everything but once I get out of it which I always do I think actually the doctor was right 
  • Posted

The worst thing going through your symptoms is being alone worst thing ever. keeping busy is the best way to get through your symptoms 
  • Posted

It is well. It me be your mind that is playing trick because you are constantly worrying about it. Read books on the power of your subconscious mind. The human mind is very powerful

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.