Anxiety and insomia

Posted , 1 user is following.

I’d been on hrt since I was 52due to severe anxiety and insomnia no symptoms till my periods stopped having only 3 periods in that year . I was on tablets for anxiety thought I would go mad . It took about 6 months to totally get off every pill but hrt . Since then I was well ,I came off the hrt over about 4 years cutting down so gradual has I did not want the dreadful symptoms back . I’m now 61 the last tablet I took was in April . From 3 weeks ago I couldn’t sleep due to severe palpitations which has started off severe anxiety and dreadful sweating and panic which in all the years I’ve never had with anxiety in fact I hardly ever sweated .Has any ladies experienced this after coming off hrt so slowly as I did . I’ve had to go on tablets again due to the anxiety I’ve also gone back on my hrt at my age because I can’t cope with these symptoms I’ve got . I’ve had 3 ECG bloods all normal blood pressure perfect 

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.