Anxiety and losing appetite

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello I have been suffering anxiety on and off since I was a child I am now 27 with 5 children and married but my past and all the stress I've had in life keeps effecting me..there be years where I'm ok but recently I've fell straight into anxiety mode again and bin suffering panic attacks well every time I have a panic attack I'm feeling anxious I wake up tremoring and can't control it during day my whole body tremors that I'm tensing up so bad and then my shoulders and back hurts badly..also I'm trying to eat and when I try to eat I feel full already even tho I'm starving I'm having to take tiny nibbles and bites but also I've got belly ache due to me not eating I feel bloated but I've not eaten..also I'm losing a lot of weight I was 8lb 9 and went straight to 8stone 3 in 2 months I can't seem to think of food but I'm starving is anybody else having these problems I just want to eat to make myself feel better and to stop feeling dizzy and I'll all the time

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi kirstie,

Sorry you feel like this it's awful sad x I'm loosing weight rapidly I try make things I fancy eating but then just seem to graze I can't eat. I stress then about not eating and loosing more weight it's a vicious circle. Have you been to your GP I'm going to try CBT to try pick myself up. I can't eat and I feel as if I'm greaving if you know what I mean, it's like a terrible feeling all the time in the pit of my stomach x I don't think this not eating is helping the anxiety it's probably making it worse for me.

• Posted

Hi Corina Hun sorry your feeling exact same it's really horrible I actually managed to get something down me last night and I scoffed it that's not usually me lool but I'm eating really light thing slight spaghetti on toast..my partner is going out today to see if he can get some gain weight protein shake for me as that builds weight up..I have my first counciling session on 5th can't wait for it..I have 4 different therapies I will be seeing..but I feel so low self asteem and got no chest or figure I'm just losing weight hope you get better soon Hun

• Posted

Make an appointment to see your Doctor, make a list of your concerns so you do not miss anything out. Not forgetting you slight weight loss
    • Posted

Hi border Hun hope you are okay Hun I am gonna go doctors on Monday Hun see what they say babe as also I think I've got acid reflux as waking up feeling sick always feeling sick after eaten..for stomachache even tho I haven't eaten and also feel dizzy even tho I'm sitting down

• Posted

Hey Hun. I'm going through a similar thing. I really have no idea if mine is anxiety or not but I've been feeling full with every little thing I eat (and everyone around me thinks it's my ED from years ago that's come back) and it's so frustrating because I want to eat and I do want to put weight on but I just feel so full and most of the time I feel nausea. I've always had a good appetite, even when I've been the most stressed its never affected me this bad. Luckily today I've had s good day and managed to eat a lot more.I guess if it's just a biscuit and you eat a small nipple of something - it's something frequently and drink plenty of fluids and maybe see the doc.

Anxiety is crippling and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

• Posted

The weight falls off during cycles of anxiety. Must burn a ton of clories and appetite is always effected. Try nutritional drinks. They have saved me many times. They balance the sugar levels very well. You wont be as dizzy if you werent basically starving and sugar levels are all low and messed up. They have chocolate, strawberry and vanilla shakes. Have one with a banana its amazing hiw fast you feel a bit better just from that. They are smqll so easy to drink. Glucerena, boost, ensure even the generic. Sold in chemists, all food stores..easy to find.they taste very good too. Little lifesaver drinks for people with anxiety.
    • Posted

Great advice! I always get a couple naked juices when I know it's gonna be a bad day, they may not be healthy (from what I hear) but they have a good amount of calories and will keep me alive until I can stomach food

• Posted

One of the most unpleasant symptoms to me, if my anxiety is really bad I can be starving so much I feel stomach pain but soon as I smell or see a piece of food I get nausea. Then I freak out thinking I'm gonna die of starvation after not eating for 12 hours lol. I've really been trying to deal with it lately because I thought I've been eating a lot and at thanksgiving while all my family and my tiny brother were consuming plates! I couldn't even eat half a plate before feeling full

I am quite small 5"11 150 lbs 20 yo male

But Since I started trying to gain weight I found the only way I could get an appetite is to drink some milk early in the day, then I notice my appetite isn't as bad and I eat a little more

A year ago I was 5"11 125 lbs.. I looked sick

I just kept drinking a little milk everyday and eating any chance I could stomach it and I gained 25 pounds last time I checked. Some days now I drink a full gallon of milk and only eat about 1000 in calories but I don't know if it's because I'm young or always on edge but I've managed to gain mostly lean muscle off the milk and that was unexpected, I'm not saying to go drink gallons of milk but to maybe try a glass early in the day to get your body running and your appetite up so you can stomach your food. It might not work for everyone but I can drink liquids anymore but can only eat when I am very calm and my stomach isn't tense

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.