Anxiety and low blood pressure...

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi everyone....have finally decided to share as I have been using this site to get thru my crazy anxiety and all the symptoms that come with it! It's exhausting and so frustrating! I get low blood pressure 110/63 and low heart beats (53/60 ish) when I'm having anxiety and panic! Not always but a lot! Does anyone else? Feels like my heart is just not beating at all! Been thru the ER visits..have the tingling face and lips...(left side) also pains on the top of left breast and behind my left (sometimes right) ribs!!! Can't sleep scared I'm gonna die! Have a enormous amount of stress in my life that I'm trying to control. But heck sometimes I think I'm having a good day and then BAM the ugly symptoms show up!!! Sometimes lasting for days! I just can't take it anymore..I have Ativan and it does help but not always.... Hate taking meds! I know this can't kill me but it sure feels like it! Going to c a cardiologist just to make sure as that's about all that's left on my list! Tried explaining it to family and friends but I just don't want anyone to know! Maybe therapy is a good option? Please help! Crying in California....😢

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

Your blood pressure is really not that low. Mine can be that as well/ Your heartrate is a tad low but not extreme. Do you consume any salt? My cardiologist just tells me to consume a little more salt. Or when it happens to me I drink a good amount of water and lay with my feet elevated

• Posted

Anxiety is a terrible feeling when it makes us feel goom amd doom.I have been a sufferer my whole life. You are focusing on your heart rate which isn't really low,and your blood pressure is not that bad. My sister has low blood pressure and she makes sure to eat 3 meals and always has a sweet with her or orange juice or soda,just incase. She gets dizzy,and doesn't feel right, but the symptom's for anxiety can also feel like this. The ativan is  I need it now pill, and will not make your anxiety and panic go away, it just calms you for the moment. I know you don't want to take a antidepressant but they work. Don't you want to feel good again. They have saved me, I tell you. I have been on meds for years,and thankfully I have been free of the symptom's of anxiety. Please try it,and I promise you will feel better.

• Posted

thank so much for the suggestions...what meds do u use? My dr always suggests them then in the next breath says..but u will gain weight and sleeping will b a problem...blah blah blah! That is just adding to the problem! 😔 Xo

• Posted

Hi Justcate,

Sorry you're going through this. I don't know about low pressure because mine is always high. I don't think there's anything wrong with low pressure at your numbers, that's actually good. Are you very active? That could cause the low heart rate. Most athletes have heart rates in the 40's. I know how it is not to want to tell your family, I'm in that boat. Therapy would be good and being here on this site is helpful. Hope I've helped ease some of your fears. Things will get better, this doesn't last forever.

• Posted

thanks for the reply...I have heard that about being in good shape your heart rate can be lower...and I will be starting therapy this week for sure! as for family....working on it...when I do share no one really understands..it's always the same..just relax! It's so much more than relaxing! And if that was all it took I would do it! I pray everyday for all of us who suffer...this to shall pass....well hurry up right? 🤗 Xo

• Posted

I'm a 33 year old on Dialysis 3 days a week and I suffer from anxiety attacks. I know they are happen cause my blood pressure drops to the 70/40...I'm sitting I. A chair and I get really hot then cold and dizzy. I have to take meds for the anxiety of being "tied down" to a machine for 3.5 hours. Your blood pressure isn't considered low it's actually a fairly good pressure. I go into my treatments with blood pressures of about 160/115...a true drop when I leave. Antidepressants are helpful...I take one to sleep at night and during my treatment along with my xanax for the anxiety. Been taking them for years now it has helped but hasn't gotten rid of the anxiety completely.

• Posted

Hi. I'm living in Zambia. Have rapid cycling bipolar which comes with a high dose of anxiety. My mother also suffers. I take clonazepam to help, but there are days when I need my husband to be with me at my side telling me I'm okay, I'm not being shadowed by evil and no harm will come to my family. I hate those feelings. Going through it right now. Tried swimming for therapy but just made me think more and increase the episode. I have low BP as low as 70/40. Normally 80/50. Today it's in the 70 zone thanks to Samsung health app. You're okay. I'm okay. It's a horrid hormonal attack. As if being pregnant twice and giving birth twice wasn't enough? I'm a stickler for keeping a low weight but I'm going out for a big full burger and chips for supper. You've just got to let go of control now and then. Xx

• Posted

I had 2 endoscopy which was normal e. manomatry test which shows 6.88 les pressure all doctor said u have anxiety disorder . every day my chest hurts and throat also.now from 1 month i suffer from imbalance walking blur vision and blood pressure low my question is low blood pressure can cause of anxiety and panic

And throat problems can also from anxiety

Now my blood pressure is 90/60

• Posted

I just went to my Dr. Last night and I my diastolic pressure was very low. Also it seems as though on my menstrual cycle it's worse. I know exactly where you are at! I'm also undergoing exams and blood work just to be sure. EVERYTHING is checking out great so far but it's a good feeling to know that it's just me feeling out of control of myself. I wish I could go away and not bother my husband and Fam with this right now. I can't hold down a job, sometimes I can't even drive or leave my house. I'm feeling better today, try the salt thing, electrolytes, like coconut water, and have a little pink hymalayian salt with it. Seems to help with the low blood pressure. I also been taking adrenal Supplements and thyroid supplement too , lots of extra b vitamins and minerals. Prayer and walking and light yoga hlep alot. Look up a lady named Mell Robbins on YouTube. She has a 5-second rule that really helped me get through some nasty days. I also listen to low vibration music also found on YouTube. Binary music for anxiety. Sorry your having this going on. Thinking of you.

• Posted

Hi Vanessa,

I too struggle with anxiety.   I just bought a book called DARE  by Barry McDonagh.  It is absolutely wonderful.

Please look into it.   I have just finished it, and have started to re read  it.  I really think this guy has this all figured out

Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.