Anxiety and low mood back

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, I’ve had a bit of a blip and not sure how long it’s going to last.

I’ve been doing really well on 15mg escitalopram for a year and 4months and still taking them. My dr has given me 10mg papronol 3 times a day for some of the physical symptoms, mainly the shaky feelings! They do help but my mood hasn’t, I feel like I’ve lost my get up and go when I was doing ok.  Strangely though I feel better late afternoon/evening. Is any of this similar to anyone else? Would’ve grateful for any thoughts and has anyone else had a blip after quite a while, thanks  

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan,

I've been taking 7.5mg for 12 months and can't get the dose higher because of the side effects.

However I do feel much better in the afternoons to.

Anxiety in the morning, some days worse than others. Then come good in the arvo

Gina

• Posted

Thanks Gina, I think as I’ve felt well for a while I think I’ve just forgotten what it’s like and feel a bit miserable and detached and then it just wears off and I feel better! Anxiety is horrible! 
  • Posted

I'm on 10 mgs abd have been for about a month and a half. I only take half a pill at night tho. I feel ok most days but sometimes it's hard to shake these feelings of wanting to stay home and not be out in the world. I have to work tho so it's just not possible.

• Posted

Hi Kim, it is hard sometimes and we have to push ourselves, think this time of year is depressing too! 

Thanks for taking the time to answer me and it’s wierd how as the day goes on I feel ok. Hope you get on ok, everyone’s journey is different 😊

• Posted

Thank you Susan. You as well and I enjoy talking with you all so much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.