Anxiety and Lymph Nodes

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I've had a slightly swollen lymph node under my right arm. I'm a huge hypocondriac but I actually didn't freak out at first because the same thing happened to me when I was about 15. I can't remember how long it was there or why it happened, but that was 11 years ago. I think I just had an infection or something. Anyway, it's stuck around for a couple months now and I read that you need to get it checked if it stays around longer than 2-4 weeks. I am so freaked out right now. I just keep crying, fearing the worst. I am getting it checked on Thursday. Anyone else found a "lump" or swollen node and had benign results? I need all the positivity I can get right now. Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Morgan, I have had a swollen neck lymph nodes. I just went away itsef. I suggest you seek advice from your doctor, don't worry.
  • Posted

I've got a swollen lymph node on my neck, well i say swollen lymph node, you can defiantly feel it very easily and its bigger than normal but it's less than 1cm, so every time ive been to the doctors about it they just say it's nothing to worry about it's less than 1cm. Lymph nodes swell up from infection and some just never go back to normal, they're called shotty lymph nodes. I've just had a lymph node in my groin that swelled up but it's gone back down again, but while it was swollen I was googling all sorts and come across and interesting stats that only something like 1% of swollen lymph nodes are actually cancerous, so you've got a 99% chance yours is just a shotty lymph node. Keep your head up, I know the feeling! 
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your comforting words. Fingers crossed is that that's all it is. Very ready to go to the doctor tomorrow for sure. I'm glad that your issue was benign as well!
    • Posted

Thanks smile Let us know how you get on! If you're anything like me that 1% stat will help a little bit but you'll still be convinced theres something wrong despite the stupidly low chance. My lymph node on my neck has now been there for about 2 years (maybe longer, but it was 2 years ago i noticed it!) 
    • Posted

I will absolutely keep you all posted. Yes, I have already convinced myself I'm in the 1%!
  • Posted

Hi Morgan,

I had two breast biopsies done, had lump in breast, both were benign....just get checked, I'm sure you are fine dear.

:0)

• Posted

Thanks so much, Lauren.

That helps and I appreciate it.

I'm glad you were okay!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.