Anxiety and Menopause

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello ladies was wondering if any of you ladies are taking Fluoxetine for anxiety? How are you doing on it? Another question is anyone having trouble with their glucose or bone density..I went to the dr for physical and my glucose fasting number was good but my A1c level was on 5.7 and was told to watch what I eat. My density bone scan came back and was not good was put on Calcium and Vitamin D supplements..44 feel like I am 65. Is there anyone else experiencing anything like this..thanks☹

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Yup!! This just happened to me recently at the doctor (A1C was 5.9 nonfasting).My triglycerides were also a little high.. Everything used to be perfect until perimenopause. Someone did tell me that insulin is a hormone, so that makes sense that when all of our other hormones are out of whack so is it

• Posted

ok thanks for responding back..I have never really had my A1C checked before but glad it was..now I know what it is..did your dr tell you est differently or anything?

• Edited

yea, she perscribed me Metformin but I haven't started taking it... I decided to stop eating fast food and sweets and watch what I eat at home and to see how I do from there

• Posted

my dr did not prescribe me anything..I am doing what you are doing just trying to watch what I eat..was your fasting glucose number high?

• Posted

yes I was too and my glucose was 81 but A1c was 5.7...my goal is to bring it down🙏 for both!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.