Anxiety and mind

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone ..having anxiety sucks ...13 years and counting I was doing so well till the last 2 years when I have been battling a court case but it's taken it out of me massively today was horrible panic attack massive had to go doctors again for clarification. With new symptoms my legs have been hurt in all week like aching my heads been dizzy and my belly ain't felt right just feel down and out crap ...my doctor states it's all down to my level of anxiety has it's high but I'm struggling now to cope another day like this ...ive requested blood test but he says I'm fine and present no concerns ....its like I'm go in and and no one wants to listen

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lori, I'm so sorry for this. 13 years, that's tough - been about 9 years for me, since i was 11-12. As you've been to the dr's, what about asking to be referred for talking therapy, or a medication? Things like benzodiazepines are good, for when you just need something in the moment to help you relax. You need someone to talk to, and it's a great community on here, everyone cares and will listen, we know what you're going through x

• Posted

Hiya thanks u for your lovely words our battle is with ourselves everyday constant questions worry and stress ...just somedays it seems harder to cope than others. Wish I could take my brain out. How do you manage ? Such a young age my daughter has started having anxiety to the to what we've been through as a family I pray every day she don't suffer the same as me. X

• Posted

Hi Lori, the symptoms you describe do sound like anxiety symptoms. Anxiety for me manifests itself differently every day, usually my stomach but to hot sweats, stinging sensations in my arms and hands, tight scalp, dizziness, tight chest etc.

It sounds to me as though your GP is the problem in not taking your concerns and symptoms seriously enough, I'm not sure if you can change your GP or even want to, your GP is probably right that you don't need blood tests etc but you do need somethings go to help you with your anxiety symptoms whether that involves CBT, Councelling and meds or a combination of all, which your GP is the person to refer you or prescribe you. If you want to stay with your current GP then you need to be more assertive (which your GP should respect), or go see a different one.

Good luck Lori, keep us posted.

Neil 

• Posted

Hiya thank u for replying my doctors have changed so much they used to be very good but no to even get a appointment I have to first call them then they will put me on a call bk list to call me then over the phone I say how I feel and he decisdes if I need a appointment. It makes me uncomfortable waiting around and not being able to express myself face to face ....over the phone is hard. But I've tried many councilling options and nothing as worked long time it all comes bk with a vengeance. 2 steps forward and to bk of you know what I mean ....just some days it's so hard to keep up the fight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.