Anxiety and my eyes

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys,

Just looking for some reassurance really...

Recently came off my Citalopram for anxiety (stupid idea!)

I've had a few eye floaters since I was a teenager, always have my eyes checked every couple years etc

Now I'm convinced I've got more than I usually had and I'm seeing them ALL the time. It's all I can focus on sad loads of lines, squiggles, dots...

Has anyone else had these with anxiety and found they get better with time ?

Am worried they are just going to keep appearing til I can hardly no longer see!

Thanks for any advice

X

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Always get an eye exam if worried. Thats not something you ignore EVER. Floater and squiggles are annoying but you want to just make sure all is healthy in your eyes. Doesnt matter what anyone tells you, an exam is needed. Could be fine, but you dont ignore the eyes. 
  • Posted

Hi Danielle I get these all the time..have had them since I was kid..they get worse at times and then seem to taper off...im so used to them now and I have been told they are harmless when I have had my eyes checked..some floaters i get are like lilttle pin pricks of light that seem to come in and out and are worse when looking at light coloured walls or the sky...but please if you are at all worried have you eyes checked for sure..hope this helps
  • Posted

Hi there,i have same floaters,mine appeared since i was a teenager too,they are harmless, i was thinking always they will be many floaters till no sight,but it wont happen sth for eye sight,dont worry!
  • Posted

I get those everyday. It makes it hard to read things online, and hard to read books...
  • Posted

floaters are just debris in the liquid part of the eye.  They will hinder vision but won't make you blind in my opinion.  There are other things when you get older that will cause problems possibly such as macular degeneration or cataracts.  It's just part of growing older I'm afraid.

Rich

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.