anxiety and panic attacks

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello everyone i am manjot 17 years old.

i am here b/c of anxiety and panic attacks and their horrible symptoms. i am suffrering from anxiety for about 2 years now and i get these symptoms racing heart,chest pain,shooting pains,muscle twitches,pounding heart, sharp pains in head.

recently a week ago i thought its all gone but its back with more intensity now i am feeling like that i have something wrong with my carotid artery and think that im gonna have a stroke or heart attack. there is a dull pain in my throat on the left side when i breath and shooting pain in right side both accompanied by tight throat.

actually my main purpose of posting this is that knowing that im not alone(i dont really want anyone to suffer this).

plz if you are reading please reply this would help me alot.wink

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

This is exactly what I'm going through at the minute and my carotid artery pulse feels so strong that I think the same even though tests say no xx

• Posted

Hey kayleigh really appreciate your reply. I feel exactly the same like its pounding and feels like its cracky( I don't know how to describe it) I also have pressure in my throat.

But don't worry I strongly think its all in our head but sometime the symptoms are very realistic that it makes me scares me too hell.

I have experienced panic attacks several times and it just keeps on getting over me.

My advice to you would be that if you go visit your GP tell him/her all the symptoms you experience and ask him to test all whether its cat scan, mri or whatever.

Its the only way you'll feel better for sometime.

Stay strong

Never let this stupid thing get over you.

• Posted

Good morning i am struggling right now with the same issues and it scares me my head feels full and tight with a whole.lot of pressure my ears feel full and almost like i.have a ear infection they kind of hurt i have been geeting these heaxaches off and on my throat feels tight and weird
    • Posted

Hey jenni first of all thanks for replying.

I have been suffering this for 2 years now, earlier I would experience head pressure and heavyness but now its down to my neck.

You are not alone just remember that.

If u ever feel like sharing your thoughts or symptoms just reply me. I will reply I check my forum 2 -3 times a day.

Stay strong

Just do sports or anything you love doing that would take your mind off it.

• Posted

Yes I do need someone to talk to that understand what I'm going through it gets scary

• Posted

im always there to help you out b/c i know how much it helps to have someone who understands what we are going through.

how are you feeling today??

im really anxious right now b/c im getting weird pain in my neck and head.

• Posted

Good morning manjot, I woke up feeling anxious my head has pressure my anxiety I'd high right now. When I'm on my period its even worse

• Posted

You need to talk to someone or get some type of help ASAP before these symptoms take over ur life as they have mine.. I had all the same symptoms as you I should have gotten help then but now it has got so bad I can't even leave my house I'm afraid to go anywhere not only that I can't eat or drink anything I'm afraid of swallowing.. I'm afraid of choking.. when I eat it just won't go down.. I hate this feeling but it all is our heads messing with us.. you are not alone.. I'm so sorry this is happening to you I know it's an awful awful awful feeling..

• Posted

Hey rose really appreciate your reply

Actually the thing is i am from India here people don't take things seriously example I told my dad that I don't feel well and also fainted in front of him and I asked him too take to a doctor but as 2-3 days passed as I started feeling better he ignored it and this all things bother me and leads too health anxiety.

I am really fed up, the biggest fear right now is I have to travel alone to Kolkata,India from Punjab via train it's a 35 hour journey and I am too worried how would I tackle if panic attack strikes while travelling.

• Posted

Hello Manjot , no You are not alone , belive me ! 

That's a very long trip ! You have to think , that nothing will happen . 

Just be in comfortable cloths , take a good book etc . 

Anything that will keep you occupied . 

Have a good & peaceful trip . 😊

• Posted

Thanks alot donna for the suggestion I'll definitely give it a go.

By the if you are comfortable can u tell me what symptoms you suffer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.