Anxiety and panic attacks after eating?

Posted , 26 users are following.

Hwllo there ive posted here before. Some of u might be familiar with me already .. ive been experiencing anxiety and panic attacks after eating for a couple months now. Ive never had this up until 2-3 months ago.. why is it i feel like this? I feel worse after eating big meals. Anyone else? 

1 like, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

ive been having this i think it might be GERD where stomach acid is literally backing up into your throat and possably lungs if it happens right after eating a big meal than gerd can deff be the issue! also a big meal can bloat you putting pressure on ur diaphram pushing up more stomach acid. im trying to figure out the exact same issue

• Posted

same here. i know its been over a year. hope u are doing better! I have tried all acid reducers and not worked for years, the bloating gives me cheat pain and triggers my panic. Of course, I try to convince myself its not my heart<which it is not> but doesnt work. Nexium and the likes make it worse, maybe low acid im thinking now. Have you ever tried betaine hcl pepsin? i may try it......anyway an update on you would be nice stay safe chris j

• Posted

Hi

I have this issue, but mainly with Sugar or Coffee. I get really anxious and get terrible muscle twitches. only developed after a year of Escatalopram (SSRI). I read there is a link between SSRIs and low blood sugar/high insulin. So eating sugar and caffeine sends your insulin through the roof. I am really struggling with this one as my bloods are fine but something really wrong 😦

• Posted

I think it's maybe cause of digestion. It's would be best to contact a DOCTOR!

• Edited

Hi Alex,

i completely understand what your experiencing as i struggle with the exact same. i feel like i struggle to breathe after eating bad or large meals and it is well and truly anxiety. I've had chest xrays, blood tests, ECG's, inhalers, indigestion tablets and nothing really works. My GP is convinced this is my anxiety as its used to send me into panic when i first started experiencing it.

Your not alone and i hope this information helps.

• Posted

same issue from approx 2 years ..i consulted to a doctor and he proscribed me beta blocker after checking my bp as it was high after meal and i request him for eco test that was ok .i said him that it happens after having meal soo he given me some acid reflux tab .. i took the acid reflux tab bit not beta blockers and that acid reflux tabs worked good after sometimes again the same problem started and that tabs did not work worked again therefore i went to a homeopathy doctor and he given me some med even that worked but not permanently..now i am very worried about this issue..i am afraid to eat lunch or dinner . i think its due to low blood sugar level as mine was 60 (after a lite break fast)even i said to that doctors but they did not consider it.. pls help if any one has solution.

• Edited

hi, i am reading all these posts. your posts confirm my thoughts based on my observations of my husband's daily anxiety attacks. not that he has the same issue but that its very possible that his attacks are triggered by the foods hes eating. hes had anxiety for years and more recently attacks daily. multiple er visits, physician visits, and NO ANSWERS OR HELP. blood work is fine, ekgs are fine.... its so frustrating to watch, i cant imagine being afraid to eat to avoid an anxiety attack.

• Edited

hey i know your post has been from a very long tine, but im going through hell with the same symptoms i cant eat, heavy or greasy foods at all. as soon as i take a few bites i feel super light headed with panic attakcs. can anyone please help ive been to the Er 3 times blood work came out good with no diabetes and no cholestrol. im so happy i found this forum

• Edited

3 months ago I had my first massice anxiety attack straight after having my Pfizer vaccine... last week I walked into tge Doctors office and had my second acute attack and my Dr sent me to hospital in an ambulance. Heart was ok but since the first attack now everytine I eat anything I have an attack. I hate this feeling it is controlling my every wakkng hour. Today it affected my work.

• Edited

OMG!! Absolutely the same! And even my doctors(GP and neurologists) said it might be a reaction. I'm so freaking out right now. I can't eat and i can't function properly and i just feel so guilty that if it's a panic attack it's my own doing and i have two small kids, who I can barely handle. And the gastro laughed at my face , it was awful. Tell me you are feeling better now ..please!

• Posted

I get that sometimes after I eat when I am out at a restaurant with someone. I am fine the whole time then after I eat I get a wave of dizziness and feeling faint. I don't know why it doesn't happen at home and I'm not having any anxiety before I go out.

• Posted

Same here, received second shot from Moderna vaccine one month ago. Got sick from vaccine, recovered. Never in my life have I had anxiety problems. Ate a big meal one night, fell asleep on sofa, got in bed, woke up to p**s and sudden wave of intense anxiety. Had no idea what had just happened. Then started having them more frequently usually around meals, especially large meals. I would sometimes eat to relax myself, now it makes me anxious. After large meals is most common, abdominal distention, feeling like I can't breath, standing and walking around helps discharge some of the anxiety. Pure misery, tired but cant rest because of anxiety. Also, after large meal anxiety attack settles down, I may go to sleep only to awake to feeling anxious again. Working on coping techniques to manage this. Deep breathing works, just hard to deep breath with stomach distented after large meal. Also going to try to eal less at one time and monitor what I eat to see if there are any triggers. Cant help but link this to the vaccine because I never experienced this before.

• Posted

Yes i have had that if i was not sure of the ingredients. I have a trigger with my late mom being allergic to certain foods. 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.