Anxiety and panic attacks daily

Posted , 3 users are following.

Have had anxiety off and on for over 15 years, had it under control for a while and now the last few months it has come back and the last month has been hell. It usually always centered around my chest, got back on paxil, this time doesn't seem to be helping and now every day I feel like I'm dizzy, lightheaded and like I'm here but not, feel like I'm going crazy. I have a new baby and of course am getting less sleep but just seems to be more than just lack of sleep. People tell me the lack of sleep can for sure make your head feel funny and your anxiety more intense. Some days I just feel like I'm watching everyone living and I'm just sitting there watching all of them. I have the fear of dying, like I said most time its fear of heart problems due to the chest pains, shortness of breath when having a panic attack but of course now that it has now switched to my head and I feel funny I think there is something wrong with my head. I try so hard to breath and think positive. But its hard sometimes when u get people who don't have a clue what this all feels like and tell u, oh u might have thia, u should go to the er, makes me even more scared. Sorry for going on and on, just feel alone and scared

Want my life back again

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have the same exact symptoms and feelings and thoughts every day.. as a matter of fact I want a baby but so afraid that I won't be able to manage with my anxiety. I have a 6year old and I am thankful he can understand when I don't feel well. I pray that you have some relief. Thisis a very difficult illness to manage particularly because of its invisibility. Hang in there. God bless

• Posted

Thank you, our new little one was a big surprise. I have a 12 yr old son, he knows that I'm tired, I've never been one to sleep much but of course now its even less. She is a good sleeper, I just hear every noise and so am lucky to get two to three hours total a night. It seems before when all my fear had to do with my chest each time I would have a panic attack there was always a new feeling and now its the same with my head, I wake up and just feel fuzzy, my neck is sore but my head doesn't really hurt just feel like my head is floating and lightheaded. Go back to the Dr on Monday to make sure no ear infection that could be causing some of the lightheaded and probably up my dose on the other medicine. This is all so hard to explain to people who have never gone through this, even the doctors and nurses I don't think always get it. I hope you are able to find some relief as well

• Posted

Checking forear issues is a good idea. Cause I have had some intense vertigo these last few weeks and it's been due to inflammation in my eustachian tubes. I am seeing an ENT early next week.

As for the brain fog and dizziness I learned how to live with it and function at my job even when I'm feeling the worst. The insomnia also contributes to the spaced out feeling, so try sleeping some more. I know it's hard but I dealt with my insomnia by listening to a sleep count down on YouTube. I put it next to myear and turned off the lights and it helps me to sleep. Maybe you can try that. Again. Hope you start feeling better very soon .

• Posted

I promise you your not alone man ive been having this sort of thing for a long time me its centered around my chest and my breathing tought I had it beat two years later its back now and its stopping me from living its horrible
    • Posted

That's how mine was, used to always think I was gonna have a heart attack. Went away for a while, then started a few months ago with chest pain, pressure. Then about a month ago my neck hurt and then the dizzy feeling and my head felt so heavy, feel like your gonna pass out, so of course I start thinking something is wrong with my brain. Visious cycle. its weird all the feelings we can have through all of this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.