Anxiety and Panic Disorder

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys my name is Malary and I am new to this site! I have a 4 month old baby girl and a wonderful husband! I have been diagnosed with anxiety and panic disorder, unfortunately for me its hereditary it runs on both sides of my family! I have been on Zoloft now for about 2 years and it ha helped but I have noticed that I have had spats where it will flare up and give me a run for my money! Just wondering what you guys would suggest! I try to not dwell on bad thoughts and overwhelming fears but sometimes they get the best of me! It's nice to be able to talk to people that have the same symptoms as you! I feel like yall can understand more why I'm going through! Any advice or suggestions would help! Thanks and God Bless

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Zoloft (sertraline) is the standard medication for the treatment of depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder and panic and anxiety disorders.

You do not say what dosage you have been prescribed.

It may well be that you should request a medication review with your doctor to establish whether increasing your med will be beneficial to you.

• Posted

Yes I def did I was 25mg which is the lowest to begin with! I have been on the 50mg now for about 3 days! Just haven't saw a difference yet but I know it takes some time😊
    • Posted

Ah bless you, you will need a bit more than a few days to allow the drug to get into your system. I would suggest maybe two or three weeks and then you should start to feel the benefits of it.

Whatever you do, please do not come off the new increased dosage without first referring to your doctor.

Do not despair, hang in there things will improve.

Rod x

• Posted

Than you so much for your encouraging words! It makes me feel so much better! It's si funny how anxiety can make you fearful of things that don't matter like ghosts or scary movies or thinking something is gonna get you or happen to you! Those things have never bothered me before but now that I have anxiety it all bothers me lol! I use to watch scary movies but not now lol! I know it's not real and nothing will happen I guess it's just all part of anxiety😃
    • Posted

We are all human Malary and we all suffer from anxiety at one time or another in our lives.

Please be assured that you are not alone and we on this forum will try to support you through this and any other difficult times.

Best wishes

Rod x

• Posted

Hi Malary, my name is will. I also suffer from panic anxiety disorder plus also diagnosed with bipolar. I've just recently had a flare up and yes they are just horrible. I've been put on so many meds and I use a few for my BP which also help with the anxiety disorder. Personally I find physical training to be the key to keep on top of my anxiety problems. There is proven medical research supporting this. For me it really works wonders and stops the frequency of my panic attacks. I've also done cbt which can help you rationalise when yr in the throws of an attack and make you at least know your not going to die or anything.. Big thing though is knowing others are out there are in the same boat to help learn from, be friends with and get comfort from. I only joined the forum yesterday and have got benefits. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.