Anxiety and Panic due to peri causing pacing...memory issues.....help.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello Ladies, just curious if anyone has been hit with severe anxiety and panic due to peri that has caused them to pace? I've had this for over a year. I'm on a med and it is slowly helping. I read tonight B6 could possibly help this symptom. I read it's psycho motor agitation. Anyone else experiencing this? Also, having memory issues where I can't pull my memories from the past before this hit so, I feel confused and I'm unable at the moment to move forward because I can't remember my movements. This has really screwed me up. I was fine before this hit. I'm so miserable waiting for this to end!!! Thanks all.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Oh yes!! I The anxiety, heart racing, pacing, and feeling like I was about to come out of my skin was my first symptom of perimenopause.

• Posted

Thanks so much Kim..hate to hear you went through that also. It's my worst symptom. Did it ever stop for you? If so, what helped?

• Edited

It wad definitely my worst symptom & had it bad for a few months before I figured out what it was and I wasn't actually dying lol (still have it every now and then but not nearly as bad). I went to my doctor and my heart rate was through the roof, blood pressure was high and I was talking a mile a minute explaining how I was feeling because my anxiety was through the roof. She actually asked me if I had ever been diagnosed with bipolar disorder or if I was using cocaine 🤦‍♀️ I am 48 and she is only a couple of years younger than me. I really think doctors have no clue about all of this symptoms and things we go through during this time in our lives.

I'm not sure if what I take works or it settled on its own.... but I do take 400 mg of magnesium glycinate and I feel that that does help some. Also reminding myself that it's just hormones, take a deep breath and do something to occupy myself also helps. I hope you feel better 😃

• Posted

Thanks again Kim. I can't believe she asked you if you were using cocaine! If your hormones are out of whack your going to have highs and lows. That's the same for bipolar disorder but, it just seems to be the normal assumption like when this hits and the first thing your prescribed is antidepressants for depression and anxiety which is actually brought on by your hormones. I'm kinda stuck. I can't take HRT. I smoke and my mom did and took HRT and wound up with cancer 4 years later so, Lexapro right now is my only option. Unless in months this doesn't clear. I may have to see if I could try it because I can't function right now at all with this anxiety. It's a year and 4 months already! I remind myself it's hormones but, it doesn't really help me when I can't fully focus and concentrate. I'm constantly reminded by that -that I can't function due to that. I hope you feel better too! Not giving up yet!

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel. This is, by far, the hardest thing that I have ever had to face. I go from feeling balanced and happy to feeling super agitated, anxious, terrified, and just out of it, sometimes in the span of seconds. It totally sucks! I can't imagine anything much worse that this. I just came off of seven days of feeling just like myself, and life was so easy. I convinced myself that it was over, but, unfortunately it isn't. I am now struggling with severe agitation, where I have to scream (when I can), just to let out these terrible feelings. I have added a second med and upped my original med, in the hopes that they will give me some relief.

You have no idea how much I want this to be over. In the meantime, I push through and keep my life going, secure in the knowledge that all of this will one day be behind me!

Sending hugs,

Bev xo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.