Anxiety and panic menaupause

Posted , 6 users are following.

I HAD A HYSTERECTOMY 3 YEARS AGO AT THE AGE OF 46 I HAD SETACEMIA AFTER SURGERY AND WAS VERY POORLY SINCE THE OPERATION I HAVE SUFFERED CHRONIC PANIC AND ANXIOUS AND TAKE 2OMG PAROXETINE AND 2MG ELLESTE SOLO FOR THE HRT THIS HASN'T BEEN CHECKED OR CHANGED SINCE SURGERY IS ANYONE ELSE SUFFERING ANXIETY AND PANIC AND MENAPAUSE

THANKS

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have just started having panic attacks and problems with anxiety. I feel your pain and need to get help for it. I know it's menopause related. I'm 50 and have not had a period for 5 years. I've just heard from the doctor today and blood tests showed too much b12 in my blood. Told me to stop taking supplement. Menopause sucks.

• Posted

I have no luck with doctors I think they don't have time to look at things properly thanks for your support I agree it sucks

• Posted

Do you go to your Doctor or Gyneacologist for regular check-ups? If not, I suggest that you make an appointment and get your medication reviewed. You should not need to suffer like this in this day and age.

Please don't suffer in silence - get yourself checked out. Best of luck. XXX

• Posted

I have such a problem with doctors as had complicated misdiagnosis but will get a check up as this is just awful

• Posted

So sorry to hear that. I realise this can make you wary of doctors but perhaps get a recommendation from other women in your area or just try a new doctor. You have nothing to loose and everything to gain at this point.
  • Posted

Dear Ally

I had my ovaries removed over a year ago due to family history, I was entering menopause anyway. Six months after surgery the anxiety and panic attacks happened. I already suffer with agoraphobia in a sense but I was having panic attacks out of the blue even at home. I dont think drinking too much caffeine helped me. I started taking multi vits for 50plus and this seems to have helped me and I dont feel anxious like I did. I think low magnesium can make us feel jittery etc, so if you arent taking anything I would recommend doing so. I know how you feel believe me xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.