Anxiety and panic side effects from Clarithromycin

Posted , 2 users are following.

I used klamer 500mg x2 (Clarithromycin) for 7 days between 4-11 of October. The first days I was fine. but after the 6th and 7th day I started to feel very bad. I experienced hot flashes, sweating, and a terrible sense of panic, especially at night. I went to the emergency hospital at 2 am and they gave me a sedative injection. It has been about 1 month since I stopped using Clarithromycin. I'm still very anxious, depressed, sometimes having panic attacks.

I take mirtazapine 15mg antidepressant every evening to alleviate these awful feelings. I bought probiotics and I use it every day.

Has anyone experienced and survived these side effects of Clarithromycin?

when will i get better Does anyone know how long it will take for me to get rid of these side effects?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It sounds like you need to address the issues of your past which are working on your mind at this point in time. We sow seeds for the future by forgetting the past and focusing on maintenance of the present.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.