Skip to content

Antibiotics

Also known as Amoxicillin, Ampicillin, Augmentin, Azithromycin, Cefaclor, Cefadroxil, Cefalexin, Cefixime, Cefpodoxime, Cefradine, Chloramphenicol, Clarithromycin, Clindamycin, Co-amoxiclav, Co-fluampicil, Co-trimoxazole, Doxycycline, Erythromycin, Floxapen, Flucloxacillin, Fusidic Acid, Gentamicin, Isoniazid, Lymecycline, Minocycline, Monotrim, Mupirocin, Nitrofurantoin, Oxytetracycline, Polymyxins, Rifampicin, Septrin, Telithromycin, Tinidazole, Vancomycin, Zithromax

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Doxycycline-weird issues

So I took doxycycline for four days for a sinus infection. I had dizziness and anxiety-been off of it for three days. Now insomnia. Is this possible??! From the meds?! 

Last reply
  • Antibiotics caused depression?

I’ve been on antidepressants for 3 years with no signs of reacurring depression however I’ve recently taken a course of antibiotics for a throat infection, Ciprofloxacin I think it was called 500mg twice daily as I’m allergic to penacillin, and this seems to have surfaced all my depression along...

Last reply
  • I've had a tingling sensation in hands and feet for weeks

About a month ago I found a lump in lower right pec. Went to the doctors, told it was an abscess. They Gave me amoxicillin. Started taking it over 2 weeks ago and literally the next day started feeling a weird sensation in lower right food. Ignored it and took it for 4 more days. It got worse, now I...

Last reply
  • Tingling & Numbness in my Head......Anxiety, or Antibiotics???

Hi All....So I have been dealing with some health issues since Feb..With Acid reflux....I have constant pressure by my ribs for one...I had Endoscopy done a week ago. Dr. Says i may have an Ulcer. Well i been on 2 Antibiotics, and Pantoprazole...The Antibiotic Doxycycline seems a bit strong! It hurts...

Last reply
  • Trimethoprim ; worried about side effects

Hi I have most of the posts related to this medication and am on high alert of  the side effects.  Following attending Urgent Care I was prescribed Trimethoprim a  5 day x2 daily course. The first 2 tablets 1) taken in the afternoon and 2) at night; I woke with cramp in my abominal region,...

Last reply
  • Pleurisy and Chest Infection Clarithromycin

I really hope someone can give me some advice. Before Christmas I came down with a cold which turned into a chest infection. I didnt go to a GP as usually these things clear up. However by Christmas Eve I was starting to feel pretty bad and called the doctor but they were closed so I didn't go. Went...

Last reply
  • Antibiotics working in half an hour?

I had a lump under my arm which was progressively getting more and more painful. It fluctuated in size and yesterday I started experiencing some very sharp pains in the area, so I went to the doctors. They prescribed me with antibiotics as they said the area seemed slightly inflamed, figured it was mildly...

Posted
  • Told to quit antibiotics, should I?

Hello. I'm a 15 year old Male. Friday I woke up with tight lungs, and after my track meet, I went to urgent care. They said I had an upper respiratory infection which was causing asthma like symptoms. Today (sunday) I had a fever, so I went to a different urgent care, and tested positive for flu...

Posted
  • Trimethorpim interfering with Atkins Diet

My husband has been on the Atkins diet for 2 1/12 months and has lost 36 pounds which is great but for the last 3-4 weeks he has either gained weight or lost a pound or two in a week but put on 5-7 pounds the next week.  This started about the same time he started Trimethoprim.  Can this medicine...

Posted
  • Skin diseases

I've had this problem for 10 years. I finally bought a quality microscope to see what was coming out of there lesions, mostly on my face. I started a collection of slides and have gone well over 200 examples. 13 dermatologist later, from Florida to Arizona each one had an opinion without even looking...

Posted
  • Trimethoprim

Hi i have just been told i have a uti klebsiella or something and been given trimethoprim i am.terrified to take them i have severe anxiety about medication and dont think i am going to be able to take them

Last reply
  • antibiotics

my doctor has changed my medication to cefalexin has anyone took this and was it ok I am petrified as I have major anxiety towards medication there has been quite good reviews on this tablet.

Last reply
  • Clarythramicin 500 mg

Taken clarythramicin 500 mg fir 7 days wasn't nice to take nasty side effects but now I've finished the course I've got terrible anxiety  my tongue is raw I have pains in my feet very low mood that won't lift poor appetite can't sleep headaches I won't go on but when will...

Last reply
  • Co amoxiclav and liver damage

After 11 long weeks I can say I'm am now well and truly in the mend after what had been an awful few months. I had co amoxiclav for an infection which after only 8 tablets ended up damaging my liver. I've had jaundice, Puritis, extreme fatigue, upset tummy, dark urine, white coated tongue and...

Last reply
  • Cephalexin

Has anyone taken cephalexin for a surgical site infection before?  Just wondering how long it takes to start working - didn’t even think to ask the doctor. I just started today. I take 500mg 3x’s a day for a week. Thanks!

Last reply
  • What does "permanantly discontinued" imply?

If a drug product information contains the following:  Severe skin reactions such as Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis have been reported. In case of such an event, treatment should be permanently discontinued. What does "permanently discontinued" imply?

Last reply
  • Avelox 400mg

has anyone taken this tablet?  I was stupid I didn't read the side effects & this would have made me not take them as I did before.  I thought my GP had given me something else as I told him before I didn't want this tablet again 😡  I'm on day six and I have pains...

Last reply
  • Clindamycin

I was prescribed Clindamycin in 2008 after having dental treatment that went badly wrong Within 2 days I was in really bad pain in all but 2 of my joints. I aged before my husbands eyes. I could barely walk, had a bad fever but was too stubborn to go to A&E at the time. My husband took me to my...

Last reply
  • Nitrofurantoin

Hi has anyone had trouble with the side effects of Nitrofurantoin, my mum now has a urine infection and prescribed these, she has totally lost her appetite, can’t stand any food she  feels really sick and got a bad headache every day and very tired, she is going to speak to her gp to change...

Posted
  • Bowel and bladder problems after Trimethoprim

I took 4 tablets of Trimethoprim for a Uti and had an allergic reaction. Pain in my hip, buttock, knee and ankle and the feeling of cramp. I found it hard to eat and have lost around 10lb. 13 days later and I'm stick struggling with kidney pain and painful buttock and groin. I've had some...

Last reply
  • Can't walk after Trimethoprim

I was prescribed a 3 day course of Trimethoprim for a UTI I thook the first one on a Tuesday night and buy Wednesday morning i had a numb left knee, the next day i couldn't walk, phoned my GP asking if i should contunue on the antibiotic because it seemed obvious to me that i was having a bad reaction...

Last reply
  • Augmentin for pneumonia

I'm on 3rd day of Augmentin (for pneumonia) and have upper stomach pain along wI think shakiness and periods of profuse sweating. Not sure what's from the Augmentin and what's from the Prednisone I'm also on, but wondering if these side effects will get better or worse?

Last reply
  • Taking Flucloxacillin for Cellulitis; broken out in hives!

Hey everynoe, I've had 2 bouts of cellulitis in 2 months, and I've taken Clarithromycin but it made my stomach really hurt so the doctor gave me flucloxicillin and that got rid of the first lot. When it came back I went on flucloxacillin again for 1 week now have to do another week. However,...

Last reply
  • PMR and antibiotics and flare

Has anyone had a flare as a result of taking an antibiotic?  Think I am having one as a result of only taking 3 pills.  Terrible muscle pain in left butt. Can walk only with crutches.  Would increase in pred help???

Posted
  • Three rounds of antibiotics in two months - is it dangerous?

Two months ago I was prescribed two courses of strong antibiotics (Monurol 3g) for a UTI. Although the UTI went away I still had some symptoms left and went back to see another doctor. It turned out I also had a Group B strep infection and was put on penicillin antibiotics for that. I have now been taking...

Last reply
  • Insomnia from amoxicillin

There are several antibiotics I can not take which is scary when you've had a total knee replacement.  Do you get insomnia from amoxicillin?  Here I am at 1:30 am, exhausted and totally unable to sleep.  There is a tightness in my chest too so I guess that is another one I can not...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.