I've had a tingling sensation in hands and feet for weeks

Posted , 6 users are following.

About a month ago I found a lump in lower right pec. Went to the doctors, told it was an abscess. They Gave me amoxicillin. Started taking it over 2 weeks ago and literally the next day started feeling a weird sensation in lower right food. Ignored it and took it for 4 more days. It got worse, now I have it in both hands and feet. Went back to the doctors , was told it should go away in a week. It's been over two weeks and nothing. All of this started after I took the amoxicillin . I stopped taking it after the 4 days and still suffering from it. It's worst at night , I wake up every 4 hours to stretch my hands and feet. I need help. Should I wait. Has anyone had this. Please help. I've never had this before, all started the next day after I took the amoxicillin for the first time

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Antibiotics deplete nutrients. Magnesium might be the cause.  They damage the gut too. You need to replenish all that was lost. 
    • Posted

I started taking the amoxicillin, friday night. the next day, saturday, around 3 pm i started getting tingling sensations in my lower right foot and then it went to the fingers in my right hand. Its been over 2 weeks and the sensation is there. I have it in both feet and hands. I feel exercising, and moving both feet and hands help but not for long. You think magnesium might be the cause. It's been over 2 weeks since i took amoxicillin. What should i do to replenish it then? for how long do you think im going to be this way. ever since the tingling, ive been exercising twice as much as before because i feel it helps. I still wake up in the middle of the night to stretch and move around for 10 minutes. I haven't gotten a full 8 hours of sleep without waking up in those 2 weeks.I'm seeing my doctor on april 27th. Should i wait to see him or should i try the magnesium. What should i consume. I have a pretty healthy diet. white/ brown rice, chicken breast, salad, cucumbers,lettuce. drink plenty of water. haven't drank coffee since i started the tingling sensation. i really wish it was like before. i've never experienced anything like this. i'll call tomorrow to my doctors office to let them know.

• Posted

Probiotics daily will be useful to help restore good gut health.Have plenty of water and a good multi vitamin too. Antibiotics whilst sometimes very important to fight infections they do kill good bacteria along the way.
  • Posted

You need to see a different doctor immediately. Try to get one that is experienced and not too young. If a doctor is mature this does not mean to say they are always good doctors because  I would not consult our most senior male doctor who is poor at what he does.

Do not take my problem to be the same as yours but I had a lymph node swell above my collar bone which the first doctor said was a cyst. My regular lady GP a week later said she didn't know where to send me but referred me at my insistence to a surgeon who said he did not know what it was! I did not pay him due to his bill arriving a year later for the consultation because I may not have existed when I received his bill!

It still took 6 weeks to get a biopsy which said it was lymphoma. I still to this day think it was incorrect because the powers that be did not evaluate whether the gland swelled through Tuberculosis which was confirmed ten years before that. Although now those calcifications on both lung fields have disappeared and I had what is deemed to be Latent TB it has never been established that the bacteria did not cause other symptoms which have always been illusive. They have not been so illusive to me however because it is me 'they' affected and not the doctors!

The body is very very complex so you must get to see a very good doctor.

• Posted

As I face the same problem, I wonder if you eventually found any solution

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.