Loss of smell from Azithromycin

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone !

Lost my taste and smell more than month and a half ago. Was sick with some virus, but didnt tested immediately. After one week covid test was negative. After one month tested for antibodies, and test was positive, but dont know if they are from the vaccines (more than one year ago double vaxx).

I am worried for my condition. Back then took medications antibiotics which i read have some very rare anosmia as side effects. Took amoxicillin and azithromycin. Do you think that these medications have some connection with my issue. Im scared, dont know what to think anymore.

I know other viruses can cause anosmia, but never had for so long. Was regaining little smell and taste, but lately almost nothing.

Dont know what to do anymore, nothing seems to help. Taking supplements, smell train etc.

My GP and ENT thinks that this is due viral damage (covid or some other virus), not the medications.

I know that i sound like a hypochindriac, but im scared. Read on the internet almost constantly. My anxiety is on the roof. Hope this is temporary.

Also have developed dry mouth and tinnitus. Is this from the virus i dont know.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.