Pins and needles under tongue after taking Chlarithromycin PLEASE HELP

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello! I've started a 7 day course of Chlarithromycin (Biaxin) for strep. Today is my second day and now I'm feeling an awful tingly/pins and needles sensation under my tongue!! It's bothering me really badly and I'm constantly aware of it. I don't know how I'm gonna fall asleep tonight. I'm really scared and concerned because I can't find any information about this. It's not listed in the side effects. What do I do? I'm scared that it might be permanent

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Give it 2 days to pass and if it doesnt speak to your dentist about options, make sure you always speak to your doctor or dentist. Its possible its an early sign of infection decrease. The pins and needles effect should not be around for long and its a good sign the antibiotic is working.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.