trimethoprim

Posted , 2 users are following.

iv recentley been given trimethoprim for water infection i also take citalopram 1st time i took this antibiotic had racing heart and anxietey 2nd day same again and jittery feeling light headed and weak went back to drs told 2 stop taking them as they mite affect the dossage of citalopram it is just like aving withdral symptoms not very nice as any 1 ad same reactions.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi , can i just say, the reasin i looked up this drug is the same as yours but i,m fine.. feel so much better.. the reason i reply to you is Citalopran..

I came off it in small doses 4 months ago after 40;20;10mg.

Can i just say, i am a new person.. whilst on citalopram i was a walking ghost of my former self... i wasmaking all sorts of silly decisions and just felt constantly drugged and had no thought of coming off them..

My energy level is so high now and to be honest i look and feel 10 years younger... I think that a year is plenty on this drug.

• Posted

i have had trimethoprim before for a bad bout of cystis i have been given again today 17th july yes i got the sickly feelin the dry mouth but rather have them than the pain of stinging when u wee the waking up 3/4 times a night for a pee that stings
  • Posted

Hi, this is the first time I've ever written on one of these but so pleased I found this post and I'm not going crazy. I was prescribed trimethoprim 3 weeks ago for a water infection and expected no side effects as I've been in this many times before, the week before I had started on citalopram for panic attacks. The reaction between the two knocked me flying, I didn't sleep and spent the whole time with a racing heart, no energy and feeling generally awful. I came off the trimethoprim and took various other antibiotics including cipro. Same effects occurred with all EXCEPT augmentin on which I was fine but later found was resistant to my strain of infection. I still have the uti and now I'm aware of what's happening am pulling myself off of citlopram to get over the infection. Doctors had assured me all the way citlopram wouldn't effect or be affected by the antibiotics: this error cost me 2 weeks off work and a near breakdown. I just wish more people knew this.
  • Posted

I have been given Trimethoprim for the 3rd time in 3 months, and am suffering the dry mouth, which I can cope with, and the tiredness.

What is difficult to cope with is the feeling of feeling 'drugged'. My head is 'woolly' and I have a sensation of feeling something is coursing through my veins in my arms and legs. Very weird. I've only been on it 2 days, and I have a week's supply to get through. It is working on the old waterworks though - almost immediately.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.