Helicobacter pylori

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi , I finished antibiotics for this on Christmas eve but a week later &I still have zero energy , plus my stomach still isn't right , I get bouts of feeling sick & very tender to touch , I'm beginning to think the antibiotics haven't worked & i'l have to take another coarse, does anyone know if you have to wait to be retested before they will give you more antibiotics , I'm trying to stick to a healthy diet , I've cut out alcohol tea coffee fatty foods & sweets but it seems that whatever I eat I get a rumble achy feeling in my tummy , the irony is that I went to the docs because of phlegm in my throat my stomach at the time was fine , I've only started having pains in my stomach since taking the antibiotics but before I found our I had HP &after I had been to the Docs the first time I had 4 days of feeling sick not being able to get out of bed , panic attacks &thinking I was dying , I thought I was having a breakdown so in one way I was relieved to find out I wasn't going mad & that there actually was something causing me to feel this way , I'm usually fit & healthy and had just started training for my second Ironman , thus all on stop &have dine no exercise since 10th December ...... help 😥

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I sent another stool sample after 9 days also had an endoscopy and both showed clear I still not right with my tummy issues maybe it's the antibiotics have you taken some probiotics

Lina1961

• Posted

hi, thanks for the reply , I've started probiotics a few days ago , I'm also taking vitamins to try and give me a boost as I feel so washed out , runaway for the new year & I've been so good with my diet , we are I a flat so I've brought all my own food but so fed up I've just poured myself a weak G&T as I'm thinking I cant feel any worse , I've got an appointment on the 13th jan with the doctor which will be 3weeks after I've finished my antibiotics but I've read a lot of comments about people having 2 ir 3 lots of antibiotics before it was clear , I'm self employed so I have to work feeling like this too 😫

• Posted

I haven't run away sorry it's supposed to say I'm away for the new year

• Posted

maybe wait till you see your gp it can wipe you out maybe ask about an endoscopy and putting another stool sample in to be tested I just put one in without asking also if you are on fb look at Linda's tummy talk lots of questions there

Lina

• Posted

I'm on the waiting list for an endoscopy, I'll have a look on her page now , thank you very much , nicola

• Posted

Hi Nicola

i got diagnosed with h pylori 10 days ago, before that i suffered from since 2017, also got pregnant with h pylori and gave birth to my son, (where is suffered from a placental abruption and we both nearly lost our lives. i think he might have it too. i didnt know you had to follow a certain diet with h pylori i have been eating and drinking what i like and smoking. maybe thats why the antibiotics theu gave me, have not worked. i have been sufferring for years, the bloating, pain, bathroom urges, nausea been suffering for a long time.

• Posted

Sounds like an infection in the stomach. Sometimes taking antibiotics for infection can cure the infection but along the way there is discomfort.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.