Anxiety and paranoid badly and no sleeping

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I'm new to the group I was diagnosed hyperthyroidism 2 years ago and recently have been going through really bad anxiety and paranoia so bad that I don't sleep anymore. I don't know what to do I feel like my heart is just gonna stop any minute I want to cry so bad I have 4 children youngest being 2 and so my biggest fear is dying and leaving them behind it's like my mind is my own enemy I'm at the end of my tether has anyone else ever felt like this

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

What meds are you taking?
    • Posted

Sorry I thought I'd replied to the message I'm taking carbimazole at 10 mgs per day

• Posted

I have been hypothyroid for a couple of years and just recently became hyperthyroid and along with that I have have daily anxiety and random panic attacks. I constantly think something bad is going to happen despite the doctors telling me I'm otherwise healthy. I'm currently taking Xanax daily to help, but some days I just want to cry because I just want to feel like my old self again.

I'm sorry you're struggling do bad with this. I'm a mother of 4 as well.

• Posted

Hiya I'm so sorry your having to go through this too it is really hard but I can't tell my husband as he might not understand this I have made an appointment to see the Drs asap but might try something along the lines of herbal remedy as i can't take any kind of anti depressents which they will want me to i just wanted to talk to someone about this feel very crappy and yes i want to cry all the time and I do it's easier sometimes than holding it in

• Posted

I talk to my husband about how I feel sometimes. He tries his best to be understanding about the whole situation. I find that if I talk to someone about how I'm feeling, it helps a bit. Maybe you should try to see a therapist until you get things under control. I've seen one before and they gave me tips on dealing with it. Last night I was having a rough time so I found a video on you tube that was just ocean sounds. I fell asleep in no time. It was very relaxing.

• Posted

I spoke to my husband well sent him a mesaage and he's starting to understand why I'm not sleeping he noticed these things and it has raised concerns for him so I've mad an app

• Posted

Good! I'm happy to hear that you finally spoke to him about it. Hopefully you'll start feeling well again soon. My husband is my biggest supporter in all this madness. He's helped me get through my roughest days.

• Posted

You say you were diagnosed hyperthyroid 2 years ago.  Have you been or are you taking antithyroid meds to deal with your symptoms?  When you have had hyperthyroid symptoms for quite a while and been untreated for quite a while, you are in danger of having what's called Thyroid Storm which can be very serious..  When your values are extremely high as in the case of Thyroid Storm, natural treatment methods can help but are not sufficient to normalize your values.  Supplements I took were Regular L-Carnitine 3,000 to 4,000 mg per day, vitamin D3 1,000 to 5,000 IU per day and Magnesium 200 mg per day.  If you have heart symptoms like palpitations, it is important to take a beta blocker like Propranolol.  For myself, I only had to take this at a very low dose.  Stress is a trigger for this disease so anything you can do to reduce stress will help like mindfulness or meditation or yoga.  While I can  understand why you don't want to take antidepressants as I had a bad experience with many of the newer ones that were on the market, I did have success with one that was around very early, like in the 60's or 70's called Imipramine or brand name Tofranil..  While it has side effects at a therapeutic dosage of 75 to 150 mg, I still benefitted from a subtherapeutic dose of 25 mg which helps me sleep and helps with anxiety.  At this dosage, I experienced very few if any side effects.

• Posted

No I've only ever been taking carbimazole which started at 30mgs per day to now 10 mgs i have made an appointment to the Drs asap

• Posted

When were your last labs taken?  Would you think of going to the Emergency Department of your local hospital?  
    • Posted

They were taken around 2 months ago which is why the upped my carbimazole from 5mg to 10mg
  • Posted

Hi fozpoz can u post ur blood results with their ranges here it will be much easier for ppl here to help and have they checked the cause of ur hyperthyroidism I mean antibodies test to rule out whether its an autoimmune or not bcs I'm mother of 4 young kids and last year when I was diagnosed with graves disease I had same symptoms of anxiety and depression u r taking carbimazole ? And it's been increased can I ask u y they have increased it again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.