Anxiety and periods

Posted , 4 users are following.

I suffer from anxiety for a while now thinking all sorts it wrong with me really unpleasant sometime have to walk out a store or not go in them sad gets me down as I have kids and if they want to go in somewhere and I can't it hurts me sad I just keep thinking all the time (over thinking) hard not to with anxiety. But I have the rode in my arm due out next year and I didn't get periods have been now on and off. But this time I have had them for week and a bit doctors said if I get them again to go to them. Me scared if case something really bad as after my second child I had to get pre C cells cut out from down below. Bur as I was saying have had the week and a bit they stopped one day so I went out down town felt ok had couple weird feeling (panic) when I was in shops shopping with my husband and my 2yr old daughter but pulled thro. So when home kids bathed bed in sat with my husband and had 3 small bottles off smurnoff ice went for a pee wiped and some fresh blood just when I thought I was finished all day. Could this be something really wrong :'( have read that alcohol can make your periods go funny can anyone plead help me with peace off mind. I need to get my anxiety sorted doctors gave me diazipam but stopped I felt they really helped aswell. Thank toy for taking time to read X

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kels,

I have suffered from terrible anxiety recently, and put alot of it down to hormonal changeswith the approaching menopause. I have resorted to diazepam, but it simply isnt worth it. If you become addicted to it, which you can do pretty quickly, the anxiety levels involved in stopping it are virtually unbearable. Dont go down that wrong - it really messes you up.  I am slowly coming off it. Although alcohol also isnt a great answer, its better to have a few drinks and take tranquilizers, put it can you you worse hot flushes and palpitation.

I have beeon on HRT for a few months and that has certainly helped the anxiety and hot flushes. If you are eligible for HRT, you really should give it a go.

• Posted

No I am not going to just waw really wondering that my periods why they stopped and then have a couple off drinks and there back is there something wrong sad anxiety is a terrible thing as u said was only 2 little bottles as I don't really like to drink now as I gave panic attacks next day. It's more my bleeding. Thank you for replying.
    • Posted

Hi

Oh I've just realized that my last post was full of mistakes - I meant 'dont go down that road' - and drinking a bit is better than taking tranquilizwres, but alcohol can make flushes and palpitations worse.  

I hadnt even drunk anything last night - hardly ever do! Just tired and achy. Thats one thing I do suffer from - alot of aches and pains - I know I just should excercise more!   

Anyway hope you got the general jist of the message. Its really embarrassing when you post something and its reads like a load of jibberish!

• Posted

Aw no don't be silly I don't mind I am here to if you want to talk smile just don't understand why am bleeding again when they stopped freaking me out lol am loaded with the cold too not good hope your ok smile X
    • Posted

Well I havent had a period for a few months, then I was feeling pretty bloated yesterday, and had been irritable and depressed for a few days, then I started bleeding - not much - its usually quite light now, - but at least theres an explanation. Hope youre Ok as well.
  • Posted

Hi Kels24

I to have suffered from many anxieties and panic attacks to where i have to leave a store or get away from the crowd. 

Have you ever thought about an antdepressant with an anti anxiety medication to take to help you through this. 

I don't know how old you are but you could be starting peri menopause if your periods are acting funny 

Please talk to your doctor about medication for anxieties and depression 

• Posted

I have had all them lol didn't help felt better when I stopped them. Doctors said think it may be that my rod us due out and u gave been run down with the cold iam 34 I know am old feel it lol I have had panic attacks from I was 18 manage to control them myself so here's hoping I can again smile x
  • Posted

Dear Kels, Stress can cause panic attacks and this sounds like what you are experiencing. I suffer from them espcially after i lost my mum and sister close together. It doeant help that i suffer acrophobia i am not that bad that i dont fo out but i do avoid open spaces! I believe alxohol can upset your cycle as when my periods started to get irregular i remember having a night out and it seemed to bring on a period. Could it be possible you are having an early menopause which defnately would cause irregular bleeding and panic attacks are one symptom of that too. I would recommend getting everything xhecked to rule things out, you know smear tests, uterus checked and even transvaginal ultrasound etc. That all being checked would leave just your hormones being the cause x
    • Posted

Doctors think it's due to me having the flu andy body is run down. What age do you get menopause iam 34 think my as too am coming in 35 in December and feel that's me really old now half way thro life and it scares Me as my youngest is 2 and want to see her grown and have lids and get married I know I may sound para can't help it when I panic I do over over over think wayyyyy to much.
    • Posted

Dear Kel, At least you have been to the doctors and have a diagnosis, i remember in my thirties having mid cycle spotting, i had everything checked and it was my hormones messing about. Early menopause i think can happen before forty, try not to worry too much as this can upset your cycle xx
    • Posted

And at 35 you are not old, we cant do anything about ageing, i am 51 now, still feel like 21 inside, my kids are in their twenties now and i wonder where all those years are gone. I lost my sister some years ago and try to grasp as much from life and enjoy it. Make the most of your lovely children, they are at such a lovely age, im sure you will have many many more years xx
    • Posted

Just get scared that. That's me half way thro my life my husband said can be half way people live in there 80s I just get scared I know people have kids at 34 and iam 34 and my kids are 17 and 10 and 2 so get scared they mean world to me and want to see them grow I know there's no reason why I can't as I am a healthy person. At the.moment I have the flu n so my body is so run down and my minds going all over the place as I said I over think way to much. Thankyou for your comment xx
    • Posted

Aw sorry to hear. I know what you mean am 34 feel in my 20s lol as I said have the flu but when iam ok I like to work out smile xx
    • Posted

Honestly you are still so young. I had my son at 35 and hes now 18. My mum had me when she was 36. Now sadly she has Alzheimers disease and is in a care home, and has not been to well recently, so my sister and me are qute worried for her,that she might not have much longer. But she was only diagnosed with Alzheimers at 85, and she was really fit and healthy and excercised most of her life.  I think at 34 you have countless years ahead, so just enjoy yourself! I know its easy to say and different if you get panics.   

At 34 I was living in the Far East and going out and getting drunk with friends and travelling quite alot, - basically just having a ball.  Having my son brought me down to earth quite a bit, I dont know if I was ready to be a responsible mum  even at 35. I was still living and working in the Far East and got a nanny for him. Moved back here a few years later, and settled dwon a bit more.

You have flu which is horrible but soon you'll be fine - its sunny out, I'm going to sunbathe now.Life can be good.

• Posted

Yes the flu can run you down!, good that you have an outlet, i like to swim makes me feel good inside! Remember these feelings will pass xx
    • Posted

I know just at the time you don't lol Aw I would love to swim can only do a little bit just under water when in villa in florida xx
    • Posted

Aw thankyou carole I had my oldest at 17 think now people are having no there kids in there 30s smile it's miserable here sun out but.cloudy no sunbathing have the flu think as weather was sunbath material then pouring rain and didn't help missed my flu jag get coz am asthmaast joys off sunny Scotland haha.
    • Posted

Sunny Scotland!  I used to love going up there, used to go regularly, until our son moaned that he was sick of the long car journeys and would never go there again..... - so we'll have to wait till he's gone to uni, and then go. Travelled al round right up to the very north coast - east and west, and to the Orkneys. I live near Liverpool. I guess you've sussed by now that I love travelling, which I do though havent done much in last few years.  Too caught up with seeing son gets through his exams Ok to get to uni, and hes been quite ill recently, then theres my mum, its been hard with her Alzheimers - Have to visit her later to see how she is - things just get more complicated!!!   But I'm still going to sunbathe and nothings going to stop me.
    • Posted

Fantastic I would love to travel but love to kept going to florida love magic kingdom haha big kid at heart love seeing my kids expecially my daughter at 2 yrs 😊 if I didn't have the flu I would be sunning it lol and if gets cold later there's always fire haha xx
    • Posted

Thats ok, theae forums are very good and if you ever feel down or worried about anything it really does help to come on here! I wish you a speedy recovery from the flu and hope you are back to feeling yourself soon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.