anxiety and peripheral nerve damage

Posted , 2 users are following.

non tech silver surfer making his fiest post,i have peripheral nerve damage in my feet and legs which is made worse by my anxiety, my feet and legs buzz continuously the more anxious i am can anyone with the same give me their thoughts,does it die down when anxiety gets less ............with regard to my cit dose,i went from 10mg to 20mg after 4 weeks, and then to 30mg after another 4 weeks, this i found to be too much after 6 weeks so came down to 20mg again,i am now on my ninth week at 20mg and am getting really bad mornings of doom with aperthy and very low mood,........i realise that with all my dose changes it is going to take time for me to stabalise but shoule i not be there now, any constructive comments would be welcome,.......thanks in advance

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Geoff, how you're feeling is normal, it can take 12 weeks or longer to build up in your system. You will be up and down, low mood, morning anxiety etc Changing doses starts the side effects all over again. Keep taking 20mg and give it loads and loads of time, it can take months and months to recover. We re all different don't compare yourself to others, accept this is you for now ( bloody hard I know) but it will get better. I'm 7 months on 20mg and 100% better to what I was in the beginning. I still get blips as they are known, but don't last as long and I just let them be there and carry on with life the best I can, this is how recovery works. You will recover but it all takes time and lots of time. D x

• Posted

You're welcome we all need reassurance along the way. I've private messaged you with a couple of books for you to read, they're brilliant and a lot of people on here have read them. Happy reading D

• Posted

Thanks Denise, i am new to all this and not that tech switched on,can you tell me where and how to find your post for the books,thanking you in advance, Geoff

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.