Anxiety and stomach

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, can someone explain what is happening to me; I am feeling

1. Tired, fatigued mentally.

2.Then stomach shows fullness , no digestion , and acid reflux.

3.Loose stools , muscles of hands neck stiff.

4.anxiety need open air.

5.throat heavy

6 then at time constipation

7. stomach hard full of gas and troubling my head.

8.difficulty passing gas.

9.Head also feels light ocassionally.

10 BP 135/90 , age 45.

Regards , Please help

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Classic stress/anxiety symptoms.

When you go into fight or flight mode adrenalin is released and the blood supply is diverted from the parts of the body that don't need as much and diverted to the muscles which stiffen and get ready for action. The supply is usually taken from the digestive system as you don't need to digest food when in fight or flight, BP rises to pump the blood where needed fast, certain parts of brain that process logic slow down including thinking as your mind needs to focus on fight or flight. 

It basically upsets your normal body rhythms so you get different symptoms but if to more noticeable in the digestive system. It doesn't do us shy harm BUT get an opinion from your GP. 

• Posted

Thanks for pointing it out . I will take this scenario with the GP.
  • Posted

Just been through all the same symtoms as you have mentioned and i have been suffering from stress/anxiety.  I also get tight dry throat trouble swallowing my appitite is off feel hungry but sick at the same time,  man its horrible.

I have been prescirbed citalopram by the doc and now on week two 20mgs and  a every day i have been getting better but these tablets can take a while to get into your system and work

I would make an appointment with your GP to discuss.  This is also a great site for support, advise and reasurance.  wish u all he best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.