anxiety and throat problems please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

since having my little boy in december 8 weeks early ive been having problems with mucus a lump in the throat throat numbness where I carnt feel myself swallowing ive been to my gp several times and to ent to have camera down and she said it was inflammed due to reflux im on omeprazole and gaviscon for it I do suffer with anxiety and keep getting myself in a right state as im pretty convinced ive got cancer but the symptoms seem to get better and the more I worry the worse they get this is turning me into an emotional wreck any help would be very much appreciated x

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi, it sounds like globus sensation to me. I have suffered for over 18 months. It's caused my anxiety made worse by acid and mucus I think. The only thing that's makes it go away is trying to forget it and not worry. Easier said than done I know, but it does get better. X
  • Posted

Hi hun i was walking once to my mums and all of a sudden i got a lump in my throat it stuck out and when i swallowed it went i also thought cancer it's natural to be thinking and feeling like you r with you suffering anxiety i do and i panic worry think crazy stuff all the time I've done a few tests online and apparently I've got signs of bipolar and ocd and i think it could be right as it just describes everything about me to a T x
  • Posted

Thankyou both for posting I do feel better for talking to others about it everyone keeps telling me to keep calm and relax and I just dont know how atm im really struggling with it I miss the old me x
    • Posted

I miss the old me too hun it's a horrible thing to have i got to stage i felt that i didn't love my lil boy n his dad anymore but i eventually got all my feelings back but i took myself off my medication and now it's coming back not the not loving them different thoughts ect it's driving me crazy i hate it i honestly wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy but it takes time some people are few months some people years just look at your little boy and think he needs you that's all i tend to do its hard and i still cry n feel like giving up but we can't cos we've our baby's to think about hope u feel so much better soon x
    • Posted

I am noticing the less I think of it the better it seems to get then as soon as I start it gets worse just need to occupy myself with something did a little workout sesh with my partner and some skipping earlier and I didn't think about it once x
  • Posted

Hi.

Yes, I have this too. I agree with Amy, Its best to  try not to focus on it too much if possible. Does seem to make the symptoms worse. 

You mention the treatment for reflux, but are you having any help with regards to your anxiety? 

Sue.x

• Posted

My gp thought I had post natal depression and prescribed citalopram but I stopped them because I know im not depressed since seeing the gp again he said they use them for anxiety aswell so ive atarted them again x
    • Posted

I'm on citalopram for anxiety, I'm not depressed either. They do help! I've just started them again so not feeling the full benefits yet. How long have you been taking them x
    • Posted

Id only took them for a couple of weeks and juat started again today gp said they take around 4 weeks to kick in properly x
    • Posted

Yeah stick at them, I think it can take a bit longer sometimes more like 6-8 weeks.
    • Posted

I deffo will then seems like they will be a step foreward im trying to stop smoking also and every time I get myself worked up I go and have anothrr its a viscous circle x
    • Posted

Yeah same here. I stopped for a week when I first had this throat thing. Didn't make much of a difference to be honest.
    • Posted

Ive certainly had a relapse with the smoking today I wad doin quite well not thinkimg about my throat until we went for a nap while the little man was asleep and its all I could think about and now my throat feels numb and im conscious of everytime I swallow to see if I can feel it x
    • Posted

I honestly don't think smoking makes it worse it's just because you are thinking its going to happen when you smoke so it does. I've got it today but I think it's acid. My little girl is poorly so I'm in a state thinking I'm going to catch the sick bug so I probably will now x
    • Posted

I see the mind really can do some funny things and my little boys poorly aswel but its probably what me and my partner had and it lasts a good couple of weeks hws coughing and sneezing loads x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.