Anxiety and toilet trips

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all. First of all sorry for the personal subject but i am having a bit of a nightmare at the moment. 

When i worry about something, and when the worry first comes into my head i get an  urge to visit the toilet (n.o 2) this is normal for a lot of people so i have read but over the last few days it seems to be happenning every 10 minutes and its not when the worry first comes to mind, its all the time. 

Does anyone else suffer with this and is there anything that can be done to prevent it? Its so embarrassing at work when i need to pop to the toilet all the time. The toilet is directly next to our receptionist :-/ and i feel if it stays this bad i will need time off work.

Any help would be appreciated.  

smile

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Try relaxation every night or more if needed. This should stop your body from being disrupted by anxiety
    • Posted

Hi Sarah. Thanks for replying, do you have any tips on how to do this? CD's? And if so do you know of any good ones? There are so many to choose from...xx
    • Posted

I use the Honest Guys on Youtube, thats a free and simple way. It gets your body used to having periods of calm. Is there anything bothering you more than usual which has increased the severity of it? That could also be a good thing to tackle x 
    • Posted

Thanks Sarah, ill have a look... Yes, my mum has been in hospital for a month and hasnt eaten for about 6 vweeks. She has cancer which cannot be treated. Shes on chemo which keeps it at bay but has given her a stomach ulcer which is why shes in hosp atm. This will be why the severity has increased. Its just so embarrasing as we only have one toilet at work which is at the main entrance next to our receptionist. She sees me going in and out, in and out. I pretend i have had too many coffees... She wont believe that forever though. Ha. xx
    • Posted

Aw I'm sorry to hear about that sad

We all have our ways of dealing with things, maybe you are keeping how you feel bottled up which is causing all of this worry and making you anxious?

I can't begin to know how you must be feeling having to deal with that but i bottle things up which causes things like that to happen. 

I would go and see your doctor though, my grandad passed away from cancer and my dad had to go and see his doctor just to get it all off his chest.

Xx

• Posted

Well thats enough stress to cause anyone disruption in their life. I am sorry to hear that sad x Maybe speaking to someone just about how you feel may make you feel better or even just writing your feelings down. This may help your overall stress levels and decrease the toilet trips. Relaxation will also help. The receptionist can think whatever she wants really, you are your priority smile Xxx
    • Posted

Well the thing is, since she was diagnosed the second time with terminal cancer i seem to have  coped remarkably well. Almost too well. Which makes me think maybe the citalopram i am taking is really helping in that way. As normally without medication i would be a wreck with worry and upset. I think my worries are more subconcious than anything due to it happening now even when i arent conciously worrying about it or anything else for that matter. Its all very confusing to me. I am going to book a doctors appointment to see what they say. Fingers crossed cos i cant go on like this..xxx
    • Posted

sad 

I find that when I deal with something traumatic that I tend to cope well, but then over time I feel myself getting worse and I am beginning to think that was just me coping and it all comes flooding out over time.

I nearly broke down here the other day, I don't really want to go into it as my moods change so quickly and I'm feeling ok at the minute but I was close to the edge.

I found coming here and just expressing how I feel to be so much easier than talking to someone and I don't seem to be bottling up my thoughts

People here have been so nice to me and if you ever need to talk I will always help as I'm sure everyone else would xx

Stay strong xx

• Posted

Yeah when I have anxiety over something and I really get myself worried I need to go for a wee a lot, I don't think there's really much you can do unless you try to train yourself not to go so frequently when you worry, I usually get the feeling but it doesn't always come out so probably mostly in my head.

Sorry to hear it's bothering you, wish I could tell you what to do but it's something I get, butterflies and the need to wee..

Xx smile

• Posted

Hi Jake. ITs awful isnt it. I think the only diff is with me get butterflys and need the other.... Today its really bad and im thinking of going home in the next hour if it hasnt improved. Its horrible. I cant concentrate on anything. I don't know if i am suffering from anxiety though, although there is a lot of negative things going on in my life a the moment so i wouldnt be suprised if i was....xx
    • Posted

Are you worrying about things in your life? My anxiety is bad enough that I can't even go out or talk to people without feeling like that.

Ifthere are bad things going on at the minute then maybe you are just a bit depressed? Xx

• Posted

Yeah, have a look at the comment to Sarah above.. Its so embarrasing though...xxx

• Posted

In my opinion they are intrinsically linked... I've been dealing with these issues for years now, with no sign of hope.

I'm hoping to get a positive response from my Doctor next time I visit in being diagnosed with Anxiety and being pushed that route in order to fix my problems.

I'm sorry I've not got any tips for you, If I knew I'd be ok myself.. although a problem shared is a problem halved - at least your talking about it =)

Ben

• Posted

Hi Ben. Im not even sure i suffer with anxiety. I do know though that i get butterflys which is when the urge to go comes. If your doc tells you anything useful would you kindly be able to let me know?

xx

• Posted

Will let you know. Hopefully, someone looks at my thread and gives some advice or tip that could be of use to you also.

Ben

• Posted

Further down the front page of results here, titled :- My Story, Whats wrong with me?

=) x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.