Anxiety and weight loss

Posted , 4 users are following.

i've started suffering from anxiety in March, ihave days where i'm so anzious i can't focus on anything.  It's definitely health anxiety as I'm always thinking i have some major illness.  Just wondering if anyone else has experience weight loss with their anxiety?  i've just recently started medication (within last few days) and am going to a counsellor on Monday.  There are days where i don't have much appetite and i honestly believe it's because i've scared myself into thinking i have some bad illness.  I've had all common symptoms of anxiety, emotional, tremors, tight chest, tingling, derealization, diarreah, fluttering stomache.  Just want to know that i'm not alone on the losing weight part.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ashley

I too have started anxiety back in Jan/Feb because of long term stomach issues..has gone bad to way bad with anxiety. Terrible jitters and uncontrolled jerking in my legs, palpitations, sweats, jittery,

In Feb I stayed getting tachycardia and am going for an ablation on June 22. I was to have it this past Tuesday but they cancelled it once I arrived at the hospital because there was an emergency. I was an anxiety wreck. Could not even walk due to the legs jerking. Anyways. I have list 21 pounds since this all started....and still losing. I do not feel like eating, just force myself. Very common for anxiety. Not nice that's for sure. How much have you lost?

• Posted

I'm down at least 10 pounds but also have to say since March I have dramatically increased the amount of water I drink and my boyfriend and i have started going for walks majority of the evenings.
  • Posted

Hi me too experience weight loss i cant sleep feels like im awake whenever i close my eyes, i have health anxiety also im thinking that i have severe illness whenevet i feel pain. I have anxiety and depression i have it for almost three months. Untill now im still suffering.
  • Posted

Hi so I've had weight loss due to anxiety, it might have been due to me being so critical about my weight or what I ate but I was going through a really rough transition at the time, I lost about 30 pounds in three months which wasn't normal because I didn't really change anything at that time other than I was moving away from home for the military and it was a huge transition for me. I'd try eating A LOT but wouldn't gain any weight, I wasn't throwing anything up or anything, my body just wasn't absorbing anything. I went to counseling and saw a nutritionist who both helped me gain the weight back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.