Anxiety and your arms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone had any anxiety symptoms that has effected their arms in any kind of way (numbness, weakness, tingling, etc.)? If so, what are they? Do you have any tips to combat them?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

when my arm started to get numb i had to have my friend musage / squeez my arm and thar helped
  • Posted

Yes. Numb, weird feeling. Imactually rememeber having that as a little kid ince too. The basement flooded and i got scared. Its all part of anxiety
    • Posted

I'm having a nightmare with this, Lisa. sad One symptom subsides to give another one space to take over. 
    • Posted

Yep. That how this works. You know why right. Once you no longer fear a symptom you dont focus on it anymore be ause you truley know and believe its just anxiety. So a new symptom arrives be ause the adrenaline effects seventy percent of the body. Thats a lot of potential symptoms. But if you have the same calm and attitude to each one they will calm faster. Its isnt going away but it can be managed by not feeding into it, accept it for what it is. It will take ten to fifteen minutes to cycle thats the science of it you have the capacity to end it there once you dont fear it. Much easier said then done at times but it is the truth. Some symptoms are scarier then others anything with the senses tends to be more frieghtening. You can try some tricks..ice chips in the mouth under your tingue, placing your hands face down in the warmest water you can tolerate, not hot warmest water. any steong stimikus tomthe senses will curtail the adrenaline. Thats why its so important to learn the science end of it. They have videos on utube that explain it. The mental part is a whole different story. As time goes on you will adjust somewhat. The best site imsent u in messages a bit back. All you can do is arm yourself with knowledge and tools. Hopefully within the next decade they will figure it out. They have so much technology now so hang in there. It wont be a lifetime not with all this nano technology and advanced science they have.
  • Posted

Hi David I have this also I have told my doctor about it and I have it in my legs he just brushed me off and said its anxiety due to our muscles always being tense I never believe him but I'm guessing if your having this to and your health is other wise good it just be so lol so try not to worry bab x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.