Anxiety appetite

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey guys im just wondering how anxiety has affected your appetite? Because i am quite literally never hungry at all

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kurt,

Are you currently taking any Medication for your Anxiety?, I lost my appetite completely when I Anxious. Also I felt out of sorts and not my bubbly self, like I withdrew within myself and as much I noticed, people notive more.

• Posted

I've lost loads appetite sleep sex going out having a life being social there's loads of stuff anxiety can do to you it's horrible

• Posted

When my anxiety first surfaced I was the same it got to the point were I was afraid to eat because I thought I was going to throw up so for nearly a year I didn't eat properly. But after that I started to realise that I need to eat and I can't let my anxiety win so even if I didn't feel hungry I would make myself eat at least a little bit of something for each meal time

• Posted

It depends on the causes of your Anxiety.

We eat what we need, if you find your eating becomes a problem and your weight is effected you should talk to your GP.

Have you talked to your GP regards your Anxiety, if not it may be advisable to make that appointment so you can discuss your fears and concerns

• Posted

Only thing make sure you tell them everything all my doctor seems to do is wanna keep giving me meds that don't work I can't take medication they freak me out..but definitely have a word with gp

• Posted

Yes because my stomach is in knots when I'm anxious and I feel nauseous so eating something is the last thing I'm thinking.

But it also started to work the other way around too where I'd get nervous to eat, especially around people, from fear of getting nauseous. Anxiety is a vicious cycle. I've laterally caused myself to have an anxiety attack over the fear of having one 😭

• Posted

Hey all my anxiety revolves around health i think.. having issues that doctors cant find the cause of and i have completely lost me appetite i used to eat a fair bit and no im literally eating pretty much nothing everyday and am never hungry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.