Anxiety around food.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I wondered if snyone else here suffered anxiety around food? I do and it is going worse as time goes on. I have various food intolerances. Thanks for reading. Harriet

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi Harriet, i do suffer from anxiety, although not food related. you didnt say anything about seeing docs, taking any medication or other details. i do recommend cbt.
    • Posted

Thanks I think it started when I found out that I have several food intolerances for example aspartame, sorbitol,  gluten wheat soy corn amaranth, yeast .

​I just wondered how others in the same boat coped with it all.

• Posted

Hi Harriet I too suffer from food intotlerances namely gluten, wheat, soy, yeast , amaranth, corn, aspartame . Life is intolerable due to these causing depression and anxiety.

How long have you been affected? Please PM me as I can send you blood reports etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.