Anxiety at work? Help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I work in a Medical setting. Im struggling to get through my 12 hour shift due to my anxiety and exhaustion.

Talking to patients seems to be very difficult, as some times i dont want to be near anyone, let alone make small talk. Sometime i cant stand being in a crowded place and feel really tense. Its very warm at work and on top of that i will get hot flushes and feel like im going to collapse.

I was wondering if anyone else was suffering from these problems ? How do you cope at work?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think you should see your doctor and take some time off work.

Does the hospital where you work have a staff counselling service?

It isn't easy to be supposedly giving care when you clearly need some yourself!

Love Tess

• Posted

I think you should make sure that you eat enough at work to sustain you for the whole shift so that you are able to cook once back home. As for the anxiety you need to build confidence by talking to people no matter how challenging and see it as a personal goal to improve any shyness or anxiety.  Good luck
  • Posted

Hi,first of all i can sympathize with you,must be very hard. I dont know what your job is but if it involves working with patients I think you need to dee a doctor,maybe take some leave time and possibly get counseling or some meds that you could take but still be ok when working with patients. Im sure its hard to concentate when you feel this way and if working with patients have to think of their afety also. If its another type of job,see a doctor and hopefully get some help with the anxiety. I have anxiety also and know how hard it is. Xx
    • Posted

Safety. Sorry about the typos.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.