anxiety attack....

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been off paxil for a year and a half...take xanax occ.   I woke up with my heart racing and it wont settle down,,,I always think I'm ok until an attack strikes....just feeling nervous right now ....

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I get like that Hun in middle of night and in the morning I'm not taking anything everything I've bin given it don't work..makes me work I get tremors and heart pounding and trying to accept a breath and chest pain it's called a panic attack..try taking deep breaths in and slowly breathing it out and try to relax..XX hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Thanks..I almost feel silly when Im not having one...but when it happens it seems like Im going crazy.
  • Posted

hi judy - i have been through this and what really helped me was 'Rebrething techniques'. There are many techniques and you can learn them on youtube or google but one of the easiest ones is by cupping your nostrils with the palms of your hands and breathing slowly and deeply from and to the restricted volume created by your hands. This controls the hyperventillation and brings you out of the panic attack

• Posted

I will try that....I was having a bad day yesterday....thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.