Anxiety attack help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

worst anxiety ever. constant dizziness everything spinning on and off horrible headache, floating. plesse someone tell me how to cope with anxiety attacks when im constantly spinning or constantly floating. not coping at all! will it pass or is this 24 7. been like this for 6 hrs and tomorrow ill know ill wake up feeling the same. i cant even go emergency room as i know they can't do anything for this constant dizziness. why isn't there any meds for dizziness like there is for nausea. having a complete meltdown knowing i mite have this 7 days a week.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Are you sure your dizziness is anxiety?

Could it not be an ear issue?

Is your dizziness positional? I will get this, but is is BPPV. This is because the crystal in your ear have moved.So, I will become very dizzy if I roll over in bed to the wrong side. The crystals some lose from a partial canal.This can happen if I look up or look down

• Posted

You are not alone. When my dizziness started in December, I felt the same way. It is scary. I was dizzy, lightheadheaded, head pain, ear pain, felt disconnected. I have been to multiple doctors and had many tests for now have ruled out many conditions and I have been diagnosed with vestibular migraines. My anxiety was making it so much worse. The doctor did prescribe Xanax. These drugs are used as a vestibular suppressant and helps the dizziness. Valium works better but I can't tolerate it. Meclizine or Anivert works for some and will help with nausea. The Xanax is to be used short term because its habit forming. It help calms the dizziness and my anxiety. I have good and bad days but the dizziness isn't as bad. I am currently working with my doc on trying to find a med that works for vestibular migraines.

• Posted

thanks for reply. that's interesting didn't think Valium would be a choice of drug for dizziness. I'm only taking stemetil 5mg. "prochlorperazine*.

woke up at 4am had 3 hrs sleep still constant dizziness. ill have to ask doctor abour Xanax or Valium.

im glad someone understands the anxiety its absolutely horrible

thanks

• Posted

It does get better. I was obsessed with my condition, which made my anxiety worse. Each day gets a little better and my anxiety has lifted some now. Have you had testing completed to see what the cause is? I recently saw a therapist and it is possible for anxiety to cause dizziness as well.

• Posted

ive been referred to an ENT doctor. the anxiety came on due to the vertigo and dizziness. i get it most of the day but helps with vestibular exercise. i did the eply and got severe vertigo so not sure if its BPPV. worse when laying down. i could probably disgnose myself with the eply but would rather wait until i see doctor but its on nhs so mite be waiting a few months

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.