anxiety attack right now :-(

Posted , 5 users are following.

so... I am wide awake... trembling. .. sweating. .. and have bad guts ... im feeling so anxious and don't know why... please someone help cry

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

ok...get a hold of yourself first! You are fine. Just having an anxiety attack.

Do you know how to do deep breathing? 

Breathe. Breathe. 

You will be fine. Anxiety is not life threatening!

Hugs

Xxx

• Posted

Hi, best thing to do is try and take your mind off your worries. Think of a happy time you have had before like a holiday or anything happy. This is what i do to try relax. Just remember you have to stay calm and everything will be ok. Close your eyes while you do this.
    • Posted

Yeah but if your dizzy do not close your eyes the mind will freak out 
  • Posted

Try to breathe I wish I was next to u to calm u down but when I have a panic attack I distract myself I watch TV going for a walk is good if its dark out be careful listen to soothing music right down how u feel in a journal or just on paper so your mind released any thoughts and talk to someone so stay on here or call a friend or if your young your parents grab a pet if u have one hold him or her home a pillow hug it thats what I do deep breaths slowly try that that will calm your heart and be ready your breathing try not to think your going to die cuz your not and your not gonna have a heart attack your not just calm deep breaths hug the pillow hug animal if u can try sleeping closing your eyes but if your dizzy don't color read a book put a fan on u if u can grab a nice cold rag or cloth put it around your neck cool is good but warm is OK to and just think this is going to pass and it will pass I know its hard but I believe in you I hope u feel better 
  • Posted

I have recently started having panic attacks and have been going for hypnotherapy for the past few weeks which I feel makes me a calmer person in general. The thing that helps me the most is to breathe in and out of a a paper bag which helps control your breathing. If you don't have a paper bag you can focus on a single object and then so the '7/11' technique which is basically where yo breathe in for 7 and then out for 11 (doesn't matter if you can't do it for that long) and this helps you focus on the object and counting how long you are breathing in and out for - it's a good way of distracting your mind.

I hope you're feeling better now! Good luck! xx

• Posted

hi Lauren still not grrat.. my anxiety always happens at night :-( 

• Posted

mine happens at night too. its because we think about life at night when we are lying there in bed. and if you have too many worries about life then it causes us to panic. just have to stay calm and keep reminding yourself that everything works out in the end! also try to think of positive things aswell, this will relax you a bit more. it helps for me anyways, hope it can help for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.