Anxiety attacks

Posted , 2 users are following.

Anyone wake up with one. Ruins the whole day. I so dont want to go mad from these things. Also, i bought some l-theanine anyone every try this. I just want to be calmer already. Ican take the ssris and i have a solid week before i can see a doc. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Cant take the ssris. Mispelled that
  • Posted

Hi, I have experienced this a few times. Waking up middle of night gasping for air with tight chest. Don't really get it in the say. It's like your mind is totally uncontrollable whilst asleep and take you to the extreme...
  • Posted

HI Lisa.  I've been taking l-theanine and lemon balm for about a week for severe anxiety.  I take one in the morning and one at bedtime.  It has taken the edge of my anxiety during the day and has helped my sleep a bit as i am suffering from insomnia at the moment.  I'm going to keep on them for another couple of weeks but might increase to 3 tablets a day.  I'm waiting for cbt and i dont want to take SSRIs either as i don't see how therapy can work if youre not feeling any of the horrible feelings. xx
    • Posted

L theanine serene was suggested by the store. I bought both but also got a managing anxiety cbt book for dummies and i keep listening to it hoping it gets in my brain. Its it very annoying that when a doctor cant relate or fix you they immediately say chemical embalance. Which for a person who has a panic disorder is very rude. It was not even down as a mental disorder until recent years. It was an emotional disorder and some of the drugs might work but when they dont and you weird side effects it gets messed up and obviously its nit the chemical imbalance if the meds they make do not correct it. They say cbt is really good. Re train your brain. All levels of thinking. And its work. My husband cant stand all this and it makes it harder and i dont have any family except a sister and shes on prozac battling her own issues. So im here listening to this cbt. It talks about how people make anxiety rules..so true too. Anxiety ridden people have lots of rules and they arent even correct just some form of control we use. Interesting.good luck. Worth the download.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.