Anxiety attacks

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been suffering anxiety for a few years but have never had anxiety attacks until the last few weeks. They really scare me and I thought I was managing them better but just had one again. I get scared it's not anxiety but a tumour or something. I feel dizzy And sick and like I'm going faint. I get tingling. I take Setraline and the doctor has given me a short dose of diazepam. I'm so scared. I have started seeing a therapist. I feel like I can't get a deep breath. I'm terrified this will never go away. I'm iff work just now and have 2 children. I just want to be normal again. 😰😢 xxx

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Leanne

Anxiety sucks dosent it, I really do sympathise with you especially having kids as well.

I get all the symptoms you have Ive had lots of test done and they have all came back clear,so I know its the anxiety.

I take meds (which isnt for everyone) even though at the moment Im in the middle of a med change and Im climbing the walls(I have depression to)

Im waiting on therapy,which is another option CBT

Exercise helps me and just generally keeping busy to take your mind of it.

They say meditation is good

This is a really good forum, your not alone

Stay stronglol

• Posted

Thank you Lynne, it really does suck!!! It's hard when you have we ones to look after. I also had blood tests done in January and an ecg which came back normal, so hopefully I'm ok. I try and think if it was something other than the anxiety then surely the symptoms wouldn't go away after I have calmed down. Thank you for replying to me. I hope your medicine starts to settle down soon and makes you feel better xxx
  • Posted

Hi Leanne 

Anxiety torments our thought process. We feel uncomfortable about our health and wish things get normal. However we must understand that these are just negative thoughts and most of them aren't even real.

Good that you're seeing a therapist. I believe you have managed your anxiety well in the past. There is no reason that you can't do it in the future.

Please try deep breathing and progressive muscle exercises for relaxation.

Take care

• Posted

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. It means a lot. I have been trying the deep breathing and have a paper bag in my handbag at all times! It's the dizziness and light headed feelings that I hate the most. That makes the panic attack so much worse. Xxx
  • Posted

Hi leanne, I understand how terrible anxiety feels, that constant feeling of pressure on your chest making it so you can't breathe because you're always afraid and overwhelmed, I just want you to remember that you're not alone. I'm glad that you're going to therapy and by the sound of it you're handling anxiety better than I ever have. I've never been able to bring myself to ask for help when I need it. Unless someone makes me, I never tell anyone when I have a problem because I've always been scared. It's absolutely wonderful that you got help and I hope things get better for you. One tip thats helped me is drinking chamomile tea.
    • Posted

Thank you for replying to me. It means a lot just knowing I'm not going through this alone and that there's people here to help and just talk to. I will try the tea as a cup of tea is what you used to help me before when I was anxious: I hope you feel better soon. Xxx
  • Posted

I developed head tremors and often feel like I am going to pass out which comes on unexpectly. Been seeing a chiropractor and naturalpathetic doctor...which has helped.  MRI and ct, with no results. On vitamins as well. Yes I have  2 kids, working, it is hard. Try meditating as well. Hang in there. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.