ANXIETY ATTACKS AT NIGHT

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi anyone..how does it effect you..it just kills me at night more then in the day..It just don't want me too drift off, I'm always on this subject through out my posting on here.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marie I’m so sorry you suffer this too. I get anxiety in the day a lot but the night times are truly terrifying. It gets so bad I literally go into a cold sweat and shiver with fear.

I have found the only way to cope is to keep telling myself over and over it’s just my hormones and it’ll pass. I also try to distract my brain and thoughts by thinking of positive things I love. For example I work through the alphabet and think up my favourite animals/sports/things for each letter (A is for Aerobics, B is for Bear, C is for Cat etc). I know it sounds odd but distracting myself  that way eventually calms me down.

I hope u find relief soon as I do know how frightening it can be x

• Posted

Hello please explain more. I start it to get this Fast Heart rate at night and  joint pain. When get up gave me fast pounding heart . I have read ansiety symptoms and also heart attack but I have been in the ER multiples time and my heart is normal no stroke no blood clots. My doctors refused to do a hormones test due to I’m still have my period. My period suppose come today and I’m having this 2 Days this week . 
    • Posted

I have the same thing heart racing,dr see it at the surgery..my Anixety can keep me from sleeping I can only explain how I see it..but when I lay down to drift off I have been jump out of a sleep that way and its every second happens always drifting off that's how I describe it.

• Posted

I often suffer with this too!  Scared to fall asleep frightened I won t wake up. Sometimes lie awake for hours and then of course feel awful the next day. 
    • Posted

Hi, oh I'm glad to fall off to sleep when I do because I don't know nothing Lol..yes if you don't sleep you will feel awful..if you can please do to feel better my love..you are going to be spring chicken after this Hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.